· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Parrot Fish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    He probably got a box of fish labeled as blood parrots and doesn't know the difference either.

They are given names according to their generics. The King Kong is bigger and redder and claimed to come from the Red Tx Child. Yours from the Flowerhorn and Female blood parrot. Others from the mating of another male cichlid. All kept secret, of course.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Gogi   Your marine fish for your first marine tank, thanks for the rep - Cliff   for your AC tank - Cory Catfish   crimson my betta - Gogi   thanks for the tips - fishmommie   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gogi   

0 Not allowed!
    Of course.. Mums the word
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Yup,mine were labeled persimmons but look just liked the ops fish,maybe with a bit more orange.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Happy Parrots

0 Not allowed!
    Here's an awesome tank of them. A couple of different types.

I couldn't seem to imbed it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Gogi   Your marine fish for your first marine tank, thanks for the rep - Cliff   for your AC tank - Cory Catfish   crimson my betta - Gogi   thanks for the tips - fishmommie   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gogi   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks that video answered my question about keeping the two kinds together. Im going to get 3 of the red on Friday or Saturday.

How can I determine if the fish is dyed? I want to avoid dyed fish at all cost.
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Easy! They are ugly. Fake colors very obvious. They should just be a nice orange color to them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great info on water softeners - Boundava   Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogi
    Thanks that video answered my question about keeping the two kinds together. Im going to get 3 of the red on Friday or Saturday.

How can I determine if the fish is dyed? I want to avoid dyed fish at all cost.
    If it is called jellybean or bubblegum, then you know it's dyed.

http://parrotcichlid.com/node/15287#dm

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That makes senses. Unfortunaley the LFS I bought the karin ,carry dyed fish also. I ll go to a different one for the red ones just to be safe.
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Smile UPDATE on 75 gal Blood Parrot Fish

0 Not allowed!
    So I got these baby fish in August. Thy where about 1.5 inches then and were gray wih black spots on there sides. Now they are around 2.5 to 3 inches big. They have turned or turning orange.

Some of they turned almost black before they started turnung orange.
    Roll the Dice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast