· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Strife among Amanoes

0 Not allowed!
    Is this normal behavior? I did some research and didn't find anything about them fighting each other. It looks territorial to me, but I'm not very familiar with shrimp behavior.

Thanks.

(Only the first 30 seconds show significant interactions)
    Last edited by Meclizine; 08-10-2012 at 08:07 PM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting.

I've seen bickering over food but that usually lasts 2, 3 inches at most and is over in seconds. In other words, this is new to mee. See if anyone else recognizes this.
    3 potted plants and 6 strings of plastic do not make a planted tank!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I should mention that the only time I saw this behavior was when I recorded this. They've been peaceable otherwise.

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen my ghost shrimp do this but never amanoes. If it happened only once, it will probably not happen again. I wouldn't worry about it.
    I tested 97% positive for Multiple Tank Syndrome
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Cory Catfish
    King of the Virtual [Cory] Catfish

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed new behaviors this morning. Are they mating? If they are, then it's fine by me. They've been going a bit crazy today, though, and haven't been eating much algae.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like mating behavior to me, but thats just a general opinion. I don't know enough about shrimp to comment on their mating rituals lol

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes. Thats what is going on. What is the male/female ratio you got there?

Btw, I am just about to finish rearing the first batch of Amano zoes. Not sure how many will survive but from here on I will have to start counting. I have 1 ready and 2-3 will be in couple of days. They hatched in 4 batches from 4 diff females on 9/3, 9/5, 9/9 and 9/15. So next 4 weeks I should expect about 1 or 2 per day getting ready to transition to FW from SW.
    Last edited by ksl0077; 09-29-2012 at 09:54 PM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Collected one more now. So now there are two being acclimatised to FW. A course of changing 25% WC by adding FW in a small cup every 8 hours where they are right now. In two days, they will be in the 20g planted tank.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they are breeding my friend. you will notice the male with the more " straighter" slender belly going for the females. soon you should see the development of what is called the saddle on the underside of the females. this is where you will be able to see the eggs forming. then before you know it.... you will have new additions to the family. breeding is a great sign of a thriving tank. its nice to see. good work!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After that 1 more was collected and transferred to 20g. So there are 3 in there.
    Collected 3 more today. So in 2 days they will be in their new home.

In such a huge tank, its hard to find them but today 1 showed up from nowhere. It was almost double the size of what have collected today. Not sure if the comparison right but it has grown quite well in 3-4 days in that planted tank. I am very happy. This was my first attempt of Amano Breeding. before this I have had 45 Dwarf Neon Rainbow babys which are now growing in their own 20G tank.