· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Default Another coperate complaint

0 Not allowed!
    Meijers Cooperate:

I am writing to ask why in the world does this store constantly sell Bala Sharks to anyone who happens to have a 10 gallon tank? These fish belong in schools and grow to one foot in length. These kids that buy your fish every week do not have tanks large enough to house Oscars, Koi, Common Goldfish and Bala Sharks but yet your tanks are full of these fish each week.

If you do not have employees knowledgable in these fish, then you should either stop carrying them or at the least, label the tanks so people are aware of the size these fish will grow.

I do appreciate, at my request, that you stopped the practice of carrying dyed and tattooed fish. That was huge and so much appreciated. But now I'd like to carry this a step further and get some labels on these tanks or stop having them delivered to your stores.

Thank You

Hello Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concern.

To better assist you, I am forwarding your email to the Store Director and the appropirate Buyer so they are aware of your concern. Please allow time for this issue to be reviewed and the proper action taken.

All input from our customers is very important to Meijer. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Yolanda E.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ooh - you're good. Hope they follow through on this in some way.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    If I hear about one more bala shark in a 10-20 gallon tank or one more goldfish in a 10 gallon, I think I will smash my computer.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    Way to go. I think the chain stores should take more responsibility for the animals they sell.

We do not have Meijers here so I have not seem their fish conditions, but how you describe them it makes them sound like a walmart with more fish. Walmart is just as bad or if not worse here. There is a little info on the fish but no info on what they need to be happy. We stopped buying fish at walmart and try to get others to as well, since our Walmart is pretty bad in the fish area.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    there is a very popular animal rights course at my law school. i'm thinking of taking it. would be very interesting to learn what kinds of animal cruelty sanctions could exist for abusing fish.

i would actually ask if cruelty to fish has ever been found to constitute animal cruelty in the law of any state. i could looks up some cases on it (if there are any that have gotten to any courts of authority).
    I will be nice to people trying to help me from now on.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Meijers Cooperate:

I am writing to ask why in the world does this store constantly sell Bala Sharks to anyone who happens to have a 10 gallon tank? These fish belong in schools and grow to one foot in length. These kids that buy your fish every week do not have tanks large enough to house Oscars, Koi, Common Goldfish and Bala Sharks but yet your tanks are full of these fish each week.

If you do not have employees knowledgable in these fish, then you should either stop carrying them or at the least, label the tanks so people are aware of the size these fish will grow.

I do appreciate, at my request, that you stopped the practice of carrying dyed and tattooed fish. That was huge and so much appreciated. But now I'd like to carry this a step further and get some labels on these tanks or stop having them delivered to your stores.

Thank You

Hello Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concern.

To better assist you, I am forwarding your email to the Store Director and the appropirate Buyer so they are aware of your concern. Please allow time for this issue to be reviewed and the proper action taken.

All input from our customers is very important to Meijer. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Yolanda E.

You made me smile, thank you

Now if only I could get the same information from two different web sites about fish I would be even happier. One site will say this and anothr site will say that so I am left with a bunch of this and that?????????

One thing I will say is this discussion board rocks! All the information I have recieved here is spot on.

Thank you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I can not even say Meijers and Walmart in the same breath. Meijers is a Northern store.....Illiniois, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Indiana only so far. It is similar to Walmarts in what they carry but certainly more customer friendly and actually seem to care about customer concerns.

I took in a write- up of how fish are dyed and tattooed and that's the last time they were brought into the store......3 years ago. Their fish are not kept as Walmarts are and if they are, all it takes is a customer complaint. Walmart's does not care. They have gotten so large that they don't even care about their employees so why would they care about their fish?

People need to complain when things are not right. It does no good to complain on a forum and say nothing to those who can actually fix the situation. But yes, it is a department store but even those stores should keep and sell fish as they should and if not, then they should be reported.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwelectric

Now if only I could get the same information from two different web sites about fish I would be even happier. One site will say this and anothr site will say that so I am left with a bunch of this and that?????????

Thank you
    It's something else, isn't it? I was reading a forum "administrators" post to a newbie the other day and he was telling them a common goldfish would be fine in a 20 gallon tank. Are you kidding me!!!!! Of course I sent in a reply.

I swear the recommended sized tanks they list online in many sites are for baby fish because it sure is not for adult sized fish. But then, I guess we could all stunt our fish and then they would fit? *sheesh*

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Good on you for bringing this to the store's attention, and good on the store for heeding. It will help their business in the short- and long-run.

-- mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent...this should be applicable for the entire world..
    And not just 10 gallon tank, the concept of having a goldfish in a fish bowl is so wrong and inhumane. this information / knowledge can only be transpired by staff working for such companies, they should take more responsibilities of this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast