· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. Just frogs. My remaining two seem to be happy and not trying to disappear, so i might find another here soon to try to bring it up to three again...
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Soooo... ... Maybe ill just post a few pictures and let them speak for me...

Yea.

So apparently the dwarf frogs i buy think they are tree frogs and can climb up 2 inches of tank and then start on the backwards curving lid as well. If they are amazing enough to accomplish that, no wonder they are amazing enough to accomplish an escape from this place. Easy fix though:

I am NOT losing another frog to insane intelligence and unnatural climbing ability. If she can get through this screen that is held down by the clamps on lid and is not possible to go through i dont think, then fine, i give up.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know this is kind of a dead post now and maybe you wont see it, but i just noticed this and had to jump in. We have 2 dwarfs right now and are thinking about getting two more. They have been in a low water level 10g for a while now mating and learning to come to the net at feeding time, but starting today we were going to start converting the 10g into a riparium, and these guys were going to stay in it. As a riparium has no lid whatsoever so that the plants can grow and flower out the top, I'm a little concerned by this post. My wife is the frog caretaker, not me. I stick to the fish. But i was under the impression that if these guys left the water they wouldn't go far, because they want to return to it. Is it common for them to make a break for it and never come back even if it means a slow dry death? Do I need to rethink this setup so the dwarfs cant ninja up the plants and out of the tank? We had planned to have a piece of bogwood in the center that came up to the top of the tank and was covered in moss so they had something to sit on, but this sounds like it might not work now if they decide to pull a getaway on us. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I found my frog, sorta.................while cleaning my filter, I found a tiny piece of frog foot, in the what's the word, impeler, the little butterfly spinner thing that moves the water. The foot was in there, yuk yuk. I can not see any way a frog could get into that part of the filter. .......

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Awe that sucks. I'm sorry.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got two new fogs now, one of which i caught last night doing same thing as frog pictured. So while i dont think its very common, i would just keep an eye on the frogs if you do the riparium. I dont know how much room there is between the water and the top, but i do know they are very explorative when given the chance, and mine all want to be tree frogs lately and just climb right up to top.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure I would risk an open top riparium with these guys. They seem to be pretty brave and explorative. I once walked up to my tank and found my frog hopping around the counter...that's when I decided to use the lid. And I often see mine hanging out at the top, resting on a plant or sometimes floating around in the filter current like they're in the moat at a water park. But with enough supervision I assume it'd be possible, not a risk I personally would take though. Finding a dried up frog somewhere is never fun

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What breed are the frogs you guys have? Do their front hands have webbing between the fingers or no? I was thinking maybe this is a differance of clawed frogs or dwarf frogs. Ours are dwarf and we have had the two bigger guys in the riparium for a good while and the most we have ever seen them do is glurp on the plants or rocks at the top of the water line. We do have two new albinos in a 1g bowl fattening up because they were really emaciated when we bought them. So I don't know what they will do yet, but the others are good guys.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The dwarf frogs have webbed front feet. its the clawed frogs that have the autonomous digits on front feet. And the dwarves are much skinnier, have pointier noses, and their eyes are on the sides of head. I keep dwarves. I actually do not like the look of the clawed frogs at all, not to mention they get huge and would eat all my fish.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We are the same way. The clawed are ugly, and mean IMHO. It's funny cuz if you look online there are a LOT of people claiming albino dwarfs don't exist, only albino clawed, but we very obviously have albino dwarfs. Lol. We live in Oregon and clawed frogs aren't even allowed here. They were made illegal because they get released and eat everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast