· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question Second Disappeared Frog in Two Months

0 Not allowed!
    Once upon a time i had a frog named Sunny with my bettas. She was super friendly and always came up to poke me if i put hand in water. One morning i went to feed them and she came up like normal, but then that night i couldnt find her. Next morning i ripped apart whole tank... Nothing. Like she never existed.

That was last month. Then i got three new frogs and had them in a 5gal QT with no way out possible as they matured and grew. It was similar to a kritter keeper but with much less holes and no hinge lid. Yesterday morning i opened the lid to top off the water. There were three frogs. I replaced lid and counted again. 3 frogs. Went to work, came home, went to feed frogs... Two frogs! I took those two out and commenced epic searching. Dug through all the gravel and took out all the decorations. Shes just gone!

My friend says she has a friend thats actually had this happen before as well. Is it really that common? Does anybody have any explanation for what could possibly happen to a frog in a tank with nothing but other frogs of same size who was healthy and then 12hrs later completely gone?
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Strange. Are they getting out of there threw a small opening somewhere?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats what i initially thought after the first frog, because she was in a betta tank with a spot for the filter, but with this new one the lid looks like this:

So there is no way she could have gotten out with the lid latched on.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    My gosh, you don't think the other frogs are eating the ones that die, do you? I guess if they went to town they might be able to polish one off but .....yikes.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I guess thats possible. Crazy though to eat a whole frog in less than 12 hrs when it was alive in beginning of that.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No curious children/neighbors/cats? Very odd.

I thought I lost my ADF once, but it turns out he was hiding very well in a plant.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am glad I am not losing my mind. I have torn my tank apart looking for my frog. She was here and poof she is gone. The only way out is through the filter........yuck yuck. she would not have survived that, and I don't think she would fit into the tube. I am sorry you can't find your frog, and relieved to know I am not the only one that has had a frog up and walk off somewhere.........

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My friend's friend had it happen as well. Apparently this is some wierd epidemic...
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    do you have a snail in there? when i lost kermitria, i found my apple snail munching off her face.
    5 gallon planted tank - 1 female betta and one HUGE mystery snail
    60 gallon planted community 3 marble lyretail mollies, 3 creamsicle mollies, 9 lampeye tetras, 5 bloodfin tetras, 4 black skirt tetras, 1 rubberlipped pleco, 3 peppered corys, 3 bumblebee catfish, 3 emerald green corydoras, 2 gold danios, and 2 giant danios

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast