· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 75 gallon stocking options with angelfish

0 Not allowed!
    So I have a 75 gallon tank that I just set up.im using media from my filter from my old tank and have bags of the gravel in bags to help with the cycling process.so I currently have 2 angelfish about 3 in, a blue acara also about 3 in and two baby german blue rams both of which I think are female but not positive.anyway I wanted to know what other cichilds I could out in the tank.I really wanted a severum or a blood parrot but have heard mixed reviews about mixing them with angels.so what other cichlids can I put in with my current stocking.I was thnking of a apisto or a keyhole as a backup plan.any other suggestions?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Severum get very large. Blood parrots get aggressive.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels
    Severum get very large. Blood parrots get aggressive.
    Yes im well aware how large severums can get.but do they get aggressive?

0 Not allowed!
    I've had 8 blood parrots, 5 still. Never had an aggressive one yet. Buy them together and raise them together and they form a family. They are far kinder to one another than angels are.

I have put my angel with mine a few times to redo a tank and the only problem fish was the angel. But if you have a mated pair of angels in that tank, they will be the aggressors at spawning time. I would probably not try to put any other cichlids with them but add some large schools of tetra's instead.

Just because they are all south american cichlids, doesn't mean you can just add a whole bunch of species of cichlids together.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 08-10-2012 at 02:26 AM.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I've had 8 blood parrots, 5 still. Never had an aggressive one yet. Buy them together and raise them together and they form a family. They are far kinder to one another than angels are.

I have put my angel with mine a few times to redo a tank and the only problem fish was the angel. But if you have a mated pair of angels in that tank, they will be the aggressors at spawning time. I would probably not try to put any other cichlids with them but add some large schools of tetra's instead.

Just because they are all south american cichlids, doesn't mean you can just add a whole bunch of species of cichlids together.
    I don't want tetras.I already have. A few diff types of tetras in my 45g community tank.I do not know what sex my angels are yet so im not sure if I will have a mated pair or not.I know I can't add just any SA cichlids together but I do know their are certain ones that can work.my blue acara so far has gotten along great with my angels.I think im just going to try the keyhole and see how it works out.if I have to end up rehoming it then I will.I was maybe being a little ambitious with the severum and bp.