· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10g suggestions

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You made the right call. In memory of the one who didn't make it. - Strider199   To help you find your puffers - KingFisher   ...a replacement puffer for you. (Couldn't find a dinosaur!) - ~firefly~   chocolate makes everything better.  GL beating the ich - fishmommie   It's filled with good vibes, good luck - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyK   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MandyK   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - MandyK   

Default 10g suggestions

0 Not allowed!
    So I was going to turn the 10g into a betta sorority tank, but I think I'm changing my mind. I'm looking for some stocking suggestions.

There are two HOB filters rated for 20, and 40 gallons. One stock light, sand substrate, and fake deco with a dino theme.

What I DON'T want:

Bettas
    Neon or Glolite tetras
    Serpae Tetras

Considering:
    Cory Cats

Let the suggestions flow!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    I would definately put foam on your filter intakes because it might be a lot of suction on a ten gallon.

Are you opposed to just using it as a qt tank (I think you had that thought a long time ago)?

Other than that maybe a dwarf puffer....but they like live plants. We have some ghost shrimp in with ours, sometimes he goes on a rampage and kills them, nut they usually get to live awhile.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

.`.`..`.> - korith   for being a cool person - PhillipOrigami   For playing along and banning PO. hehehe - Strider199   hope you like it. - Gogi   Cories should be kept in schools... - MuckyFish   

0 Not allowed!
    I reccomend this for every 10 gallon. Microcommunity. Get lots of small fish. Not only will the tank be beautiful but it will also be cool.

EDIT: Sorry the first link didn't work. You'll have to access it thru here because otherwise it won't show. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...t=95192&page=3
    Last edited by Cory Catfish; 08-09-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    I tested 97% positive for Multiple Tank Syndrome
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Cory Catfish
    King of the Virtual [Cory] Catfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Turn it into a shrimp tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    ^Totally forgot about a shrimp tank....and my husband has even eanted cherry shrimp since we first saw them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You made the right call. In memory of the one who didn't make it. - Strider199   To help you find your puffers - KingFisher   ...a replacement puffer for you. (Couldn't find a dinosaur!) - ~firefly~   chocolate makes everything better.  GL beating the ich - fishmommie   It's filled with good vibes, good luck - Cliff   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MandyK   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MandyK   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - MandyK   

0 Not allowed!
    I absolutely LOVE the idea of a dwarf puffer! I was under the impression that they needed 30gallons or bigger. Could you perhaps direct me to an accurate picture, and info on these guys? There seem to be a few variaties, and I def want to get the correct one.

I am not opposed to live plants, I actually prefer them.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    dwarfpuffers.com has lots of great stuff about them. They don't even reach one inch in length. They even look like they fly through the water. We feed ours pond snails, frozen bloodworms, and ghost shrimp (though he doesnt really eat them, just plays with them).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's some homemade popcorn - MLBfan   Thanks for the help ! Heres a tetra. - PhillipOrigami   For your soon to be set-up marine tank - Cliff   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   For our 90 gallon xD! Haha - Lolita   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Theres an echo in here

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's my favorite! And apprently your first fish LOL! - homemadepopcorn   Grapes are best when shared :-D - 850R   Guessed correct Avatar! - BigPoppa   Nice guess, you know your fins! - FinalJenemba   Don't forget to QT this one as well, Good call with the QT tank - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadepopcorn

Or A CPO tank. But you have only 2 choices. Darn everything else.
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read