· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    Yes, I'd like a Koi pond, too. Been thinking about that for a while, but not sure if it's a good idea, if I plan on selling the house in another 5-10yrs. Those things should be able to live 20+ years, from what I remember, and not everyone wants a Koi pond. ;P
    I read about natural pools recently. They utilize a pump and a ton of plants for filtration. I think the principles behind that would make for an excellent Koi pond. In fact, someday I might just make that happen for myself.

But anyway, I had a 16 gallon tank for a long time. Then I got a 29 gallon tank. Now that I have that, I want to upgrade both my tanks to 55 gallons. I don't know if I will want to go any bigger after that, though. 55g seems so ideal. But I would like a nano aquarium. I think that would be a fun addition.
    "If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water."
    - Loren Eisley

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   Because I do agree with you but its hopeless to tilt at windmills - smaug   For finding the extra dollar! ;) - escamosa   For your nice tank, another neon! - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    When I get an established house, instead of apartments, I plan on getting one very big tank...at least a 55, maybe bigger if I have the space, and ditching the two I have now. Well, keep the 10g for a quarantine. And that will be it, for my sanity, my husband's, and my paycheck!
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    When a person says "upgrade" usually you think of ditching what is there now, and getting something better, like with computers and cell phones. However, with tanks, some of us (me) say "upgrade", go a little bigger, then say "geez, I've got this empty 10 or 20 gallon tank. Now how can I use this?" There is not the obsolescence that you find with technology.

I'm struggling with that problem now. My main tanks are 5, 10 and 25 gals and I want a 50 or 55 to move the inhabitants from the 25 gal into. But I originally bought the 25 to move the guppies out of the 10 gal. Well, that didn't happen.

I know I do not want to handle the maintenance on an additional tank (I also have 2 that are 2.5 gals), so I keep thinking the residents of the 25 can go to a 50, those in the 10 can go to the 25, and just ditch the 10. But will I? Only time will tell. For now, I'm still thinking it all through. I love my 5 gallon so that's not going anywhere.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

.`.`..`.> - korith   No Message - Northerly   thanks for all your help - fishmommie   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Merry Christmas! - fishmommie   
    HIV/AIDS - Indian Woods Angels   Childhood Cancer - Indian Woods Angels   

0 Not allowed!
    Never...I have a 2200 gallon room that is 12x 12 and I will not add more tanks but I am working towards building a centralized filtration system for the room.

Shifting some stuff, new flooring, a sound system, just things to make the room nicer.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's some homemade popcorn - MLBfan   Thanks for the help ! Heres a tetra. - PhillipOrigami   For your soon to be set-up marine tank - Cliff   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   For our 90 gallon xD! Haha - Lolita   

0 Not allowed!
    I think I'd be done when I got my hands on a 3500 gallon tank viewable from all sides... saw one online... I think I'd be content lol...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    lol I started with a ten gallon (which is still running, at work) and eventually peaked at 6 tanks, one a 6 footer. Once I added a saltwater tank tho, maintainence time became an issue for me. I then started downsizing, to fit my schedule, keeping my favourites, and best life-fitting tanks. I am down to one 50 gal reef tank, one 72gal bowfront oddly stocked fw tank, and my 10gal tank at work.

I think a lot of it boils down to finding your favourite fish, then settling on the best tank size for them, that fit your house and time budget.

I will likely never go 6ft tank again - I like a tank that doesn't require a team of people to move...but I might try a 60" tank...

Unless I win a lottery tho, then all bets are off, lol!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm with those who want a pond. I've seen people even with small yards put in a pond with a waterfall. It was genius! They used all the excavated soil to build up a burm for the waterfall and then kept the size of it all compact by building a retaining wall behind the burm. So doable for me!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your generosity! - Sir Tristen   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   Because your cool :) LOL - lovleeko   Thought you could use some good algae. Is there such a thing. LOL - lovleeko   stocking Rams - Algenco   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - bushwhacker   

0 Not allowed!
    i was up to a 55 a 75 and a 100 now i'm down to the 100 which has to be totally redone my health stopped me and the family couldnt do em but i'm back now
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    RIP Roscoe. We will meet again Bug.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's my favorite! And apprently your first fish LOL! - homemadepopcorn   Grapes are best when shared :-D - 850R   Guessed correct Avatar! - BigPoppa   Nice guess, you know your fins! - FinalJenemba   Don't forget to QT this one as well, Good call with the QT tank - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I will be satisfied when I have the following tanks at least once in my life:
    Oscar tank
    Archer fish tank
    Butterflyfish tank
    GBR breeder tank
    Altum angel tank
    Scalare tank
    Fancy shrimp tank 1
    Fancy shrimp tank 2
    Fancy shrimp tank 3
    CPO tank
    Reef tank
    Brackish tank
    Discus tank
    Monster fish tank
    nanofish tank
    Goldfish tank
    ADA tank
    yes, it does go on forever.
    Last edited by PhillipOrigami; 08-12-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You are quite welcome, and thank you! - mommy1   For the Blue Tetra. A treasure they are. - Strider199   Here's a GBR -- goodluck! - ameliaaahx   For your first SW tank, and thanks for the rep - Cliff   welcome to the darkside - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    I think once i can successfully setup a lionfish tank for my livingroom, and a discus tank for my bedroom, then i will be happy with whatever i have managed to stockpile working up to those. lol. Everything I'm doing now is just training to do those.

We did want to someday try an octopus, but we would get way too attached for an animal that only lives ~1yr.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast