· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your kind comments on my photos - Mbuna   An Old Marine needs more gifts - ScottishFish   Beer always taste better with family. Cheers Devil Dog. - Gogi   Thanks for helping me with the reps for a Gold star! - Cermet   Have one for your tank aswell!! Glad you liked mines!! - ScottishFish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Old Marine   

Default How is it looking now

0 Not allowed!
    Keep giveing suggestions as i might be makeing progress, What do you think, maybe geet some more drift wood or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    I think it needs some tall plants or something in the background. I would also add to the height of your rock a little. Otherwise the tank looks very nice.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need one for all your great posts! - MLBfan   Because you love Bolivian Rams as much as I do! :) - kurly   Top man, good to hear from you mate! - Brookfish   everyone  needs  a  ram - bushwhacker   cheers for quick ich response - ScottishFish   

0 Not allowed!
    I think that looks really good! I love that piece of driftwood on the right side. It's got a nice colour. My tank is set up very similar to that, at the moment.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    That looks great! I think the background really helps to bring out the colors on the rocks. I agree to give more height part of the rock work and I would also try to create more caves. The fish may not need them all but sometimes it's a good idea to have a choice.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    love the sand and driftwood contrast, but missing something in the back. i agree with some plants for color and maybe more to add to the background. nice and neat setup though.
    Last edited by luv2sk8te17; 08-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I shall further the cause for a bit of height someplace... I think the issue you have is that right now its very linear. It needs a bit of difference to draw the eye.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   Nemo I - balt   Nemo II - balt   Nemo III - balt   Nemo IV - balt   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - balt   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - balt   

0 Not allowed!
    I recommend:
    1) a background to conceal the mechanical parts
    2) more variation in height

I understand if you don't want to add plants, but that would be an easy way to get the height variation.

Nice job with the limited color scheme. It really makes the fish stand out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   You need a Tanganyikan Cichlid - jeffs99dime   Now you have 4 firemouths! - seb's fish   Arapaima and whale shark in 20G made me LOL! - ddavis1979   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Northerly   Autism - Northerly   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by balt
    I recommend:
    1) a background to conceal the mechanical parts
    2) more variation in height

I understand if you don't want to add plants, but that would be an easy way to get the height variation.

Nice job with the limited color scheme. It really makes the fish stand out.

he's got a background, but he's also got 2 filters, sponge filters in the corners, and a heater, and probably more so it looks pretty full back there. and i agree about the simplistic vibe that the tank gives off:)
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your kind comments on my photos - Mbuna   An Old Marine needs more gifts - ScottishFish   Beer always taste better with family. Cheers Devil Dog. - Gogi   Thanks for helping me with the reps for a Gold star! - Cermet   Have one for your tank aswell!! Glad you liked mines!! - ScottishFish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Old Marine   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank You all for your suggestions, I will look at it for a while and probably work on it some more. Does anyone think i could add more driftwood to get a higher look there or something on that order? I am really likeing this driftwood look and the fish just love to graze on it. Not to mention my Rubberlip Pleco is haveing a Great time with the driftwood.. The driftwood is still on sale at Drs Foster and Smith. so let me know soon so i do not miss out on the sale Yes i do have a Lot of Filtration on this tank 1- Emperor 400, 1-AquaClear 70, and a Rena-XP-3 Canister filter. This is a 75 Gallon Tank.
    Last edited by Old Marine; 08-08-2012 at 08:54 PM.