· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Its so frustrating because when they took ill i did only remove the sick and then was told to get the other ones out aswell!

If I use this anti bactiria treatment, that itself wont kill them will it? It will either help them or do nothing right? It says its harmless to all types of fish

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Right ive made a decision, I have put them all back in the quarentine tank and in the next day or two we should be getting a decent water testing kit, liquid ones when so far we have only had the test strips, I am then going to test again and make sure they are not stressed sue to the water and go from there, thanks for your help, will let you know what happens.
    And we have the temp at 26 degrees

0 Not allowed!
    The problem is that they are already ill and sensitive fish to began with. They will most likely die doing nothing and just may be OK if they can handle the medications.

However, if you wake up tomorrow and have 2 dead fish, it might be that the illness killed them and not the medication? See what I mean? Do you have a medication you can use now? If not, I would try to get them some Maracyn2. Make sure it says 2. That's for gram negative bacteria problems.

You can do a water change now. No need to wait for a testing kit. Just make sure you use the dechlorinator. If there is ammonia in the tank, why would they have to swim in it for two more days waiting for a test kit?
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 08-07-2012 at 08:09 PM.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im going to do a water change first thing in the morning, Ive stressed them out so much tonight with trying to catch them I think I will leave it until the morning, besides looking pale they do all seems to be swimming around fine so I doubt that we will wake up to dead ones in the morning (fingers crossed). The test strips did say the water was fine but I want the liquid ones for a second opinion. I only have a medication called Interpet anti internal bacteria no 9... have you heard of it?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow. On top of all this I think one of my female platys is now pregnant, and so will start the research on what the heck Im meant to do about that!!! I suppose by the end of it all I will be on my way to being an expert! ;-)

0 Not allowed!
    She will have many in her future. Let mother nature do what comes natural.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats what I was thinking, making sure there are lots of hiding places available and letting nature take its course rather than removing her or them. I will have to do some more research and maybe rehome the male and just keep my two females if it all gets a bit much

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When was the last time you vacuumed the substrate?

Do you do water changes without vacuuming the substrate?

Answer those 2 questions and I may have a better idea what happened
    VRB

0 Not allowed!
    VRB - this thread is over 2 months old - please check dates before responding!
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in