· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Your Favorite Platy Variation

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all,

So I finally moved and feel comfortable finishing the stocking on my 29g. In addition to the other community fish, I have three female platys. They are all orange, and due to such a small group, they are pretty boring. I was hoping to get a male to chase them around, and then whatever offspring survive will fill out the rest of my stocking.

My question is, what is your favorite platy variation and why?

I was looking at a mostly blue/orange hifin at the store, but I'm afraid I might lose that blue quickly in breeding.

0 Not allowed!
    I like all the cool colors, like rainbow and blue, mostly because they have a sort of metallic feel compared to white, orange, etc.
    I tested 97% positive for Multiple Tank Syndrome
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Cory Catfish
    King of the Virtual [Cory] Catfish

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Most striking I've had was black background with gold/orange piebald effect - looked awesome

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    My favorite has to be my Mickey Mouse Redtail Blue Variatus. She simple is the craziest thing. Its hard to simply find the Redtail Blue Variatus Platy but the fact that she has a mickey mouse marking as well makes her extra special. I also like the bright lively colors, reds, oranges, the ones with cool stripes or markings also stand out very well in a tank!!

5. Talking

0 Not allowed!
    We have a bumblebee platy and she's so striking! She's yellow in the back but "black" in the front and her eyes are yellowish. Her black is kind of greenish iridescent almost. I've never seen one like her before. She's so cute! She hangs out with our peppermint patty boy who is orange and white and our sunburst girl who is yellow/orange. They are quite the trio.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My favorite are my sunburst wag platys, my two have "lips". Which I haven't seen anywhere else. They are yellow front and orange back, with bright red lips. Soooo funny haha.

0 Not allowed!
    I started out with a red, an orange mickey mouse, a red tuxedo, a couple of blues and a pied. It's been a few years (and generations) in my tank, and now the majority of the platies I get are red tuxedo with blue or green shine on the scales (like the blues have), or blue mickey mouse. Every so often I get a solid red or organge with the blue/green sheen on the scales.. I think the "blue" colouration might actually be dominant.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My favorite variation would be the blue coral or panda platy.

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I still like the red and yellow wag's even if I havent kept Platys in years.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ive never kept platies but my mom has this beautiful "creamsicle" platy i call it. Its white with light orange splotches, like this:

That was the only picture of that type i could find. Whats that one? Thats my favorite. :)
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything