· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Unhappy Alternative to Rigid Tubing

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 10 gallon fry tank that i have been doing daily water changes in with a airline tube. The issue with this i have to remove all decor to get the bare bottom clean as possible.

Well as i am not able to see all angles at all times to avoid hurting any fry i was hoping to buy some rigid tubing and not have to remove any decor.

The problem with this is the only place i can find it is online and for a .83 cent item they want to charge 8 or 9 dollars in shipping...insane!

Is there anything else that is similar to rigid tubing that would be easy to find?
    Because if i use the option of not removing any decor then the waste goes under the decor and i am wasting my time...

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not too sure I'm completely understanding here, but what about a normal gravel vac that has the larger rigid tube on the end of it

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The fry tank is bare bottom. And I don't use a gravel vacuum because as careful as i try to be..i still usually have at least one fry who gets sucked through my airline tube into the bucket and it wouldn't survive going through a gravel vacuum.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    I know what you mean. Petsmart by my house stocks that regularly. For about 1$.... I think she wants to be able to have a gravel vac type end while using an air line tube as to not suck fry
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes i have found it online at petsmart.com but when i call my petsmart they tell me they don't carry it in the store ...same with my petco.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Request they order it in for you.

They may have this at an Ace hardware store. Or order it in.

Might try a big box store by the irrigation tubing, they could have something water safe and rigid there.

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    So....you don't want to use a gravel vac, you want rigid tubing for your airline tube? They sell those for under gravel filters. Little rigid parts that connect to the airstone, I've seen them from 6-18" long.

Best bet would be to order what you want online honestly.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Try getting pvc tubing from McMaster-Carr. It is pretty rigid while maintaining some degree of flexibility. It is also pretty cheap.

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

0 Not allowed!
    I've found some at craft stores like AC Moore.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

0 Not allowed!
    What I use in some of my small fry tanks is a $1 dollar store turkey baster, yep a turkey baster, may sound a bit silly but they work perfect for cleaning out small tanks. Able to get the debris out and keep the fry safe. You can remove the bulb from the turkey baster and attach some plastic tubing to it. Also find it useful to drain the turkey baster/hose into a white bucket, and afterwards look there for any fry that may have gotten sucked up.