· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Betta Bowl

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    I'd say that life is something that should be taken VERY seriously. No matter how small...

That of course was in response to this: "I respect your love for the hobby and the fish but sometimes things are taken way too seriously around here."

So you are saying that my Husky doesn't belong in its kennel 100% of the time?
    but I love him, so that makes it better and therefore it is acceptable to treat him that way.

PERFECT LOGIC

0 Not allowed!
    No, I'm saying that life is important whether it be a fish, a husky, or a bug. Life is NOT to be taken for granted. That being said, I think you have misunderstood what I was saying.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol, I know and took that message from you-and it is a valid one.
    No matter if it cost 1dollar, or 500bucks, it still is an animal, it is alive and should be treated well.

I was exploiting the fact that the OP and whoever else-think that putting a fish into a small area is okay b/c they have a passion for fish keeping and love the hobby.
    so extrapolate that out to a bigger animal that people can relate to, and they realize how idiotic it sounds.

0 Not allowed!
    Well I feel goofy now. Haha! I thought you were saying that's what I meant. I agree with you completely!
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    oh god.. i wasnt saying i dont care about fish or life(huge assumption, and major leap from where we were at). If i didn't care i wouldn't be over 2500 dollars into a hobby that's slowly filling up my house... i just think you guys grill people too much is all i was saying.

Also, I said ESSENTIAL mud puddles. Not puddles left by buffalo footprints, that just sounds stupid.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly
    oh god.. i wasnt saying i dont care about fish or life(huge assumption, and major leap from where we were at). If i didn't care i wouldn't be over 2500 dollars into a hobby that's slowly filling up my house... i just think you guys grill people too much is all i was saying.

Also, I said ESSENTIAL mud puddles. Not puddles left by buffalo footprints, that just sounds stupid.

I respect that.

However, being positive with others who aren't treating their fish correctly will enforce that bad behavior-they then spread to their friends about their (poor) set up and the cycle forever continues. But if we can get them to correct the set up, and they'll have a healthier fish-better set up and then recommend better fish keeping behaviors to their friends family. (that is how I view it)

0 Not allowed!
    And I respect THAT. Also, i respect the way you responded. I feel like if we all responded like this (as in, don't take a mistreated fish personally and correct the person in a non-demeaning way) we could get alot farther with our efforts. For example, my girlfriends mother was keeping a few peacocks in a 10 gallon which nearly made me fall out. But instead of slapping her in the face and screaming at her, i nicely suggested she get AT LEAST a 20 long(she had a male and 3 females) and use the 10 gallon as a fry tank. Note the fact that i kept my girlfriend, and got the fish moved into a more suitable habitat.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly
    [As to the missing top half of this quote, I didn't go there but I stand by my statement about your priorities.]

I am unaware of the distinction between 'essential' and 'unessential' mud puddles but I suspect that you probably mean "essentially" . . . both times.

BTW - I completely agree that it sounds stupid to post that they live in puddles which is all the more reason not to post it as info that some unsuspecting newb could take to heart much to the detriment of their betta.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    [As to the missing top half of this quote, I didn't go there but I stand by my statement about your priorities.]

I am unaware of the distinction between 'essential' and 'unessential' mud puddles but I suspect that you probably mean "essentially" . . . both times.

BTW - I completely agree that it sounds stupid to post that they live in puddles which is all the more reason not to post it as info that some unsuspecting newb could take to heart much to the detriment of their betta.

no i didn't mean essentially.... i meant essential. If i meant essentially i would have said, They essentially live in mud puddles.

You know, I was going to explain what i meant but there's no need to explain myself to someone who is just trying to make me look stupid, and enjoying it.
    Last edited by Northerly; 09-06-2012 at 01:48 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    My bad - I thought you meant a different word.

As to the second sentence I am afraid you are on your own and don't need me for that.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.