· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Bigge3415's 180g salt water journey.

0 Not allowed!
    Tank has been up and running for a month now but here is a rundown. Got the setup from one of my customers for free the best dea l ever :D . Tank was in rough shape when I got. It hasn't had a water change in close to a year. There is a clown and a coral beauty angelfish that came with it.

Here is a pic prior to pick up.
    Last edited by Bigge3415; 07-29-2012 at 03:09 PM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    First thing was getting the tank moved. Pumped water into A 32G trash can. Then transferred live rock from tank to tote full of water then from tote to trash can in truck. Netted fish drained tank keeping roughly 90g of water.

Here is a pic of everything loaded up on the trailer.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Free! what a find!

I'm guessing there are more pictures forthcoming still...

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got everything home scrubbed tank and sump clean. Unfortunatly I had to use the 90g of old water to refill some of the tank for the live rock and fish. Got rock and fish transferred dropped the 2 power heads in and started mixing my water. The salinity was at 1.016 when I got the tank so I slowly got it raised to 1.021. I plan on getting it to 1.024 over time.

Here is a pic of the tank now its a work in progress.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good already, what a deal!
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I almost forgot the remodel to fit another massive tank in my living room. Basically I removed a old wood burning stove. Removed a sliding glass door from the living room. Removed a window from the kitchen and installed it in the living room then installed a single door where the window was in the kitchen. Took 2.5 days
    a total of 35 hours not bad for a weekend job.

Here are some pics of the remodel.
    Before

Work in progress

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    lookin' good!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's all I have for now sorry it is a month into the project before I had time to start a journal. Still need substrate and upgrade of lighting I currently have dual hot5 probly going to add another quad hot5 and some more power heads. Its gonna be a slow process things are expensive.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Have a look at craigslist and check out your local reef club. There's always someone breaking down a tank that has good used stuff for sale, way cheaper than you could get new.