· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default question on my oscars

0 Not allowed!
    what should i be feeding oscars this size.Right now i am feeding jumbo cichlid sticks from walmart wich they make a huge mess,small night crawlers and tropical fish flakes.
    fishguy420

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    With my larger cichlids I feed,pellets, worms,shrimp,scallops,crayfish,crickets,a good chopped fillet of fish,so on.As far as brands of pellets,hikari cichlid gold and sinking massivore diet.

Question

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishguy420
    what should i be feeding oscars this size.
    I need a bit of here, I don't know what size 'this size' is and it seems relevant to the question...
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 07-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    this big sorry
    fishguy420

Lightbulb Btw - They are messy eaters at 'this size' or any other size.

0 Not allowed!
    I appreciate the pic but could you just plainly state their approximate size please.

Including info like this in your OP, Or when specifically asked for it, Is a far more effective route to getting your inquiry answered.

It would certainly seem to be the most direct way to provide us with that information, ESPECIALLY when asking about 'Oscars of this size' and it is quite likely to increase the numbers of replies you get.

Just an idea you might consider.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thank u I will do that.I showed pic cause I dont know the size of fish besides there big.I got the more colered 1 when he was 5 inch and the other 1 was 9-10 inch thats what the lfs said.Thank you 850r im just learning so any suggestions help.Never been on a forum before.By the way what do you play in the band.I am learning the guitar right now.
    Last edited by fishguy420; 07-24-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    fishguy420

Question

0 Not allowed!
    Measure them/Guestimate

From the pic posted, That tank looks awfully small for two Oscars What size is it?

This link has tons of feeding ideas for you to peruse.

You're welcome.

It's ok man but the more info you give us the more we can help - It doesn't work very well any other way you know.

One other thing I would add is to try to make your posts more readable. Like homework you hand in, Because if it is hard to read people won't bother to read it and that does you no good at all.

It need NOT be letter perfect at all but kinda make an effort, People DO appreciate when you are trying to communicate clearly.

I have played Guitar since I was 12 and I can play bass and keep a beat on drums. Enjoy the journey on your instrument.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 07-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Measure them/Guestimate

From the pic posted, That tank looks awfully small for two Oscars What size is it?

if that big boy is 10 inches then that tank is probably a 55 from the looks of it.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly
    if that big boy is 10 inches then that tank is probably a 55 from the looks of it.
    Yeah, I get that but you'll notice that he said that was their size 'when he got them' - No idea when that was though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishguy420
    I got the more colered 1 when he was 5 inch and the other 1 was 9-10 inch thats what the lfs said.
    Either way it is not enough tank for the stock in it, Nor is the 75 that is listed in your profile for this stock imo.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    There used to be 4 in that 75. 1 oscar the tiger with no color is 11 inch.The other oscar is 9-10 inches.I am saveing up for a bigger tank for the oscars.I then will make the 75 gallon tank my pirana tank then my piranha tank is going to be my baby tank.I have fead them cichlid pellets and sticks and meal worms, night crawlers, and regular worms from my lbs.Also frozen baby mice from lfs.I saw a video on you tube of a 55g masive oscar tank with 2-12inch oscars in it.There are a dozen or more videos of fish keepers with real big fish in it.
    Last edited by fishguy420; 07-30-2012 at 03:59 AM.
    fishguy420