· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Filter Suction

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   No Message - robflanker   No Message - Tetris   dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat   just cause - Twe3k   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele   

Default Filter Suction

0 Not allowed!
    So in any case, I recently decided to get back into the hobby after I took a break for Freshman year (I still took care of my tanks and all, I just didn't by more fish or attend auctions and such). The GBR I had in a 20 gallon tank died during this, so last week I switched out the 20 gallon for a ten gallon, since the only fish left in it was a White Cloud.

Today I went out to get some more White clouds to keep it company, and I suppose I've become less observant over the last year because one of the ones I got has some sort of deformity. Its spine is crooked, and its fins are very small so it has trouble swimming.

Because of this, it keeps on getting stuck to the filter intake. It manages to unstuck itself every time, but I'm worried that it will sustain even more damage because of that. So my question is what are the ways that I could keep it from getting stuck to the filter
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=21426

You can try one of these depending on the filter you are using. I use the Filter Max I on an AC20 and the III on an AC50. I have also just taken a sponge insert for the AC20 or AC30, made a hole in the middle and slipped it over the intake. Not a pretty sight but it does the job cheaply, keeping fry and shrimp out of the intake.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    ...But it is not gonna make him any better dude, You know what you have to do.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   No Message - robflanker   No Message - Tetris   dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat   just cause - Twe3k   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    ...But it is not gonna make him any better dude, You know what you have to do.

Yeah hes looking pretty close to dead. On top of that my power just died, so while he's not stuck to the filter... Yeah
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Time to usher it over the rainbow bridge to the land of Billy Mays boy!