· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default bypass and flow aquaclear 30

0 Not allowed!
    I have a aquaclear 30..which im running foam and 2 biomax bags...when i set it to run fast the water rises and comes over the gray plate..which divides the in-take water and out flow...its brand new like 3 days..everything is set in exactly like its suppose to by..why would it do this..will this affect my cycle..fishless
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it maybe mean that the sponge at the bottom is a little dirty right now, but i won't rinse it just yet. It will not affect your cycle though.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    Just relax, It's working perfectly, If the water didn't flow through that spot it would overflow the filter quite quickly.

If you are expecting your HOB filter to be 100% bypass free you are going to be disappointed lol.

While your filter is cycling do some research to arm yourself with information on Stocking, Maintenance & Cycling.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that's normal. I would suggest getting or making a pre-filter to get your water 100% filtered.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    any suggestion on what type and whats good to use

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, [In reverse order] I typically suggest Google . The ones for the Fluval edge work perfectly for the smaller ACs.

You can also easily DIY one.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    I use these on every single one of my filters. HOBs and canisters alike. They work wonders. I have had some for years, works great.

I have no affiliation with drsfostersmith.com, that was just the website that came up when I searched for them.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...id=21426&rel=1
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    Heads up: I have those & I can tell you right now that the plumbing on those is too large for an AC 30 input but DIY solutions abound if you get them.