· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's my favorite! And apprently your first fish LOL! - homemadepopcorn   Grapes are best when shared :-D - 850R   Guessed correct Avatar! - BigPoppa   Nice guess, you know your fins! - FinalJenemba   Don't forget to QT this one as well, Good call with the QT tank - Cliff   

Default NLS vs Repashy Superfoods

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I just read an article about Repashy Superfoods. Wow.0.0
    Then I read the NLS article.
    Well, which one?! I mean, they both are pretty impressive, and my neons have managed to attain a purple sheen on NLS, but what does Repashy have to offer?
    Perhaps someone could do a comparison?
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Neither one will grow a better fish then hikari but it will COST more

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    And my neons are very large and very colorful being fed Tetra flakes, dried blood worms, crumbled up beef flakes, Ocean Nutrition and whatever else I decide to drop in the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Lightbulb 'An article' or 'the Article' does not equal fact, It may be entirely advertising lol

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipOrigami
    Well, I just read an article about Repashy Superfoods. Wow.0.0
    Then I read the NLS article. Perhaps someone could do a comparison?
    Nice idea, Perhaps someone who started a thread about about it could do that. Let us know what you discover.

My stock has great color and I feed mainly Kens with some nls and Hikari and some veggies & frozen treats on occasion.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    NLS.

I haven't used Repashy but I would be blown away if it could even match NLS.

And NLS will definitely give better results than Hikari.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    NLS.

I haven't used Repashy but I would be blown away if it could even match NLS.

And NLS will definitely give better results than Hikari.
    So you say but the majority of us here are having great results with much less expensive foods even after having used nls. I have personally seen no difference in my fishes color,health or general vitality no matter what they are fed as long is they get fed the proper amounts and all other tank keeping practices are followed then high dollar foods are just that,high dollar.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I used Hikari extensively before switching to NLS. I used it on almost every type of fish in the hobby, the same goes for NLS. I have never seen Hikari taken by a mandarin. I have never seen a spiney eel go from 6" to 20" in nine months on Hikari. I have not seen the colors come out in cichlids fed Hikari the way I see them come out when fed NLS. Great results with cheaper foods means nothing more than the cheaper food isn't so bad that the fish look bad while eating it. Most people who try feeding their fish NLS exclusively for a few months do not go back, for a reason.

There is a difference. If someone does not see any difference then either A-they are one of very few exceptions that for some reason the fish they tried it with did not do better on NLS or B-maybe the food is not the limiting factor (something else is holding the fish back, like water quality, stress from tankmates, water parameters, etc.).

Although it may not have made a significant improvement in your fish, I have been feeding it exclusively for years. I have seen the difference it makes on a large scale (a 6,000 gallon store). I did not simply try it on a tank or two and not see enough improvement fast enough and then gave up.

It is not more expensive if bought in larger quantities. By weight NLS is actually cheaper than foods like Tetra, depending on the exact type and amount. Even the smallest jar of NLS Thera+A 1mm is cheaper per weight than a small jar of Tetra flakes.

If you look hard enough you will find someone who hates every brand of everything in the hobby. All I can say is that unless you try feeding NLS exclusively for a few months you cannot know that what you are feeding is better. There are only two major things we can control in our tanks, the quality of the food and the quality of the water. You owe it to your fish to ensure they are getting the best food possible.
    Aquarist since 1995

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I fed it exclusivly for. 6 monts in our parrot tank. Ran out and went to hikari pellet and some store brand cichlid lake. They have been on that for the past 4 months no difference. It is simply your opinion that nls is superior. I have seen for plain fact that it isn't with no limiting factors.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Again, six months with parrot cichlids = FACT that it is not any better?

Or: years and years of experience with all types of fish seeing example after example that it is so far above and beyond other foods it isn't even funny.

Let me know when mandarins and moorish idols eat Hikari, let alone live on it for years.

It was not better for YOUR fish for six months. That doesn't make it a fact that it is no better no matter what. When you state it as a fact that it is nothing more than a more expensive food I will let people know from my experience that is not correct. If you are going to state it as a fact, let people know the experience you are basing that on so they know how much weight your statement really has behind it.
    Aquarist since 1995

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

.`.`..`.> - korith   No Message - Northerly   thanks for all your help - fishmommie   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Merry Christmas! - fishmommie   
    HIV/AIDS - Indian Woods Angels   Childhood Cancer - Indian Woods Angels   

0 Not allowed!
    I make my own fish foods. The uniform quality of all manufactured fish foods is too iffy as of late. Too much import junk.