· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool. Yes they are a bold fish, they bit me hundreds of times, thank goodness they can't actually do any damage lol.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Jeeeeeeeennnnnn!

Where are the PICS!?!

0 Not allowed!
    Coming this evening...letting them settle in before I drag the camera out on the poor little guys
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Shell dwellers are still doing very well! I did loose the smallest of the 4 about 2 days after arrival...I chalk it up to stress of shipping and the 2 largest pestering him/her to death. I did a major tank re-scape today...added a load more rock and got it scaped well enough to add rock dwellers now. I will also be adding 3 more gold ocellatus as well. I am going to hook a HOB up as I am not getting much surface movement with the placement of the Fluval return.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    I am debating at this point to go with the following:

1 Julidochromis ornatus
    1 Altolamprologus calvus "inkfin"
    1 Neolamprologus leleupi
    5-6 Lamprologus ocellatus "gold"

This would eliminate any possible spawning aggression, and the J.ornatus is not that much larger than the previously planned J.transcriptus. All of the fish will be purchased at 1" body size...and this is a grow out tank essentially so I am not terribly worried about anything until later this year/early next year. I can easily upgrade to a 3ft tank when the time comes.

Do those of you more familiar with Tangs. think this is madness or should work decently?

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    I think you might struggle to keep your shellies from killing each other in those numbers and the leleupi might be a pain.

0 Not allowed!
    The leleupi is kind of the wild card fish. I have read if kept solo they are usually pretty peaceful(for a tang) in community setups?

4x75Gs coming soon

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, my single Leleupi was a kitten. As long as the other fish didn't go into his cave he didn't bother anyone. He would defend his cave to the death though.

Glad to hear the occies are doing good, sorry you lost the smallest girl, she was always one of the smaller ones and never ate as much, like you said the journey was probably too much.

I was just at the bluegrass farm last week picking up some Malawi's, you'll love anything you get from them they really are a great group of people.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    Unfortunately they are out of the gold occelatus now. I am considering Atlantis(www.cichlids.net) or Wet Spot(www.wetspottropicalfish.com). Both have all of the fish I am in need of...I may have to go with a black zambian calvus instead of the inkfin tho.

Still looking around to see if I can get all of my preferences from one resource.

How slow did your leleupi and julies grow? I know it would take the 1" calvus quite a number of years to obtain adult size.

4x75Gs coming soon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wetspot is fantastic. I have ordered from the sales rep there via email and he was great and the fish where super healthy. Be aware the shipping was like $60 though, I also had to use paypal, but I suppose you could use a cc if you called them.

As for growing, the calvus wont be an adult for 4+ years, they grow so slow. All tangs tend to grow on the slower side. My leluepi was pretty mature when I got him but the Julies where young. Id say they added maybe an inch a year at the absolute most.