Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Ramshorn/asolene spixi
07-30-2012, 07:08 PM #1
Im thinking of adding a snail to my tank and I need a bit of general info from you knowledgable AC folk.
I've had hydras which I've now got rid of but I've read a couple of types of snail can eat them so thought they could be a good idea to prevent or reduce the problem in future.
I'm looking at either a red ramshorn or an asolene spixi.
My questions are:
1) Should I quarantine the snail to avoid it bringing parasites such as nematodes into my tank/fish.
2) If I quarantine would a small bowl/tank be ok and would it need a heater/filter.
3) How long should I quarantine it.
4) Which of the two would be least likely to eat my plants.
5) My tank is not fully cycled would this be a problem for a snail (the bladder snails that hitchiked in seemed fine).
If anyone has any other info or personal opinions I'd be interested to know as it will be the first snail I intentionally put in the tank.