· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Convict Questions

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys, I have a few real basic questions about convicts.

I'm looking for some tankmates, he is only maybe inch and half and is spending the rest of the summer in a 15G tank (He will be moving to my 40G tank around mid to late August, this tank is empty, isn't even set up yet, but I have a few filters so its going to auto-run).

Anyway, I would like to get something in with him now, maybe some kind of Pleco or catfish, I have an algae issue currently that isn't going away easily, so anything that can eat the algae in there I would love! Plus the new tank is going to need one, I have no issue adding more hiding for them if needed.

Also its a 40G tank so it isn't small, I need multiple "swimmer" (I like bottom feeders a lot, but I can't run a tank with only a tank swimming in it lol). Am I stuck picking between other dwarf cichlids (not sure if a convict is considered a dwarf or not, but he is a smaller one) or can I consider some barbs or something else.

As far the smaller cichlids, I know of the German Rams, Firemouths, but they I'm not sure how big of fans I am of them, Nannacara anomala these guys look kinda cool but I really know nothing about them. I would love a little color but I really don't know.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    -ice
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Here are dozens of options for a 40G tank.

NOTE that FEW if any contain convicts and if they are not listed -DO NOT attempt to add one.

This is just to give you an idea of what is possible in a 40G if you happen to not need to have a convict.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    oh damn thats a good website, though I already have my convict and not sure I want to run a tank with just him in it, esp. since my brother takes care of my home tank while I'm at school, two tanks for him is just to much (though I try to come home to do maintenance)
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(