· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Acrylic Tank and HOB?

0 Not allowed!
    I got a used acrylic tank (about 72 gallons) and I would like to add a hob to it with a Fluval 405. I was looking at an aquaclear 70 but I have no idea if it will fit on the filter slot on the top and I dont have one to look at.

The filter slot is about 1.5" by 11" and is about 1" from the back of the tank.

The only filter I have that I know fits is a tetra whisper 20, the double tetra 60s do not fit.

I would have to order this filter and would hate to get one that doesnt fit.

Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    I have an AC110 on my 50G SeaClear reef. The AC70 also fits on standard tank rims which are about 1" so it *should* work. Most places do have a return policy as well so you wont be totally screwed.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the answer. I just am nervous to order it because to get free return shipping or in store return I have to buy from petsmart which I think is too expensive. I can get the ac 70 for $34 from drfostersmith....and that seems like the cheapest I can find.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here, in this link, are the dimensions on the AC70: http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquar...70/p21472.html

though i won't buy here if you're from the US.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I ordered the ac70 this morning. I should have it tomorrow to find out if it fits...a great reason to order from a place close to you....free shipping gets to you superfast.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is the cover acrylic also? That's easy to cut.

I have an acrylic tank (5G Marineland), and I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel to cut a slot for a HOB.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes the top is acrylic to. The top is attached to the tank. There are two larger alots in the middle to put decor in, the slot at the back for a filter, a larger round hole that I think is for a heater but I am using it for an intake tube, and two tiny round holes for airline tubing.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well my ac70 showed up today and it fits. The only thung I had to do was stick a piece of cardboard between it and the outside of the tank so it would stay where I want it.