· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just wantwd to say i watched that video and Loved it, Great looking tanks and fish Thank You for sharing!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    Do you think i could get away with a leluepi? Ive wanted some of those for years.
    Had leleupi for a long while, actually bred and traded away close to a 1k of them:p They can be a bit aggressive. The smallest tank I kept an adult pair in was a 40g breeder, with a few shell dwellers in it. I'm not sure how well they would do in a 20g. The males can get around 4" or so. I'd probably go up to a 30g size.

Oh for shells, when I kept multies I used 'whale eyes', a pound or so of them on ebay cost me $10-12 shipped, that was about 80-100 of them. I think they looked better than escargot shells. Just want to avoid shells that have to tight a spiral in them, fish can get stuck in them.

By the way petco is having their $1 a gallon sale now, i think it's good till next weekend?

0 Not allowed!
    I will definitely be upgrading to a 40G before the year is out...I just had the 20G on hand and decided to use it. Just think of this tank as a grow out...the fish I will be getting with be no more than 1". Ive got my eye on another SeaClear tank, hoping to eventually swap out all of my glass tanks for acrylic versions. What do you feel the aggression would be from a single leleupi? I wouldn't want a pair of anything so single species may be best.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think they get really nasty when they pair, my single did fine in my 29. He was about the same aggression wise as the julies. He wasn't anywahere near as nasty as my pair of big redfin shellies lol.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    I will definitely be upgrading to a 40G before the year is out...I just had the 20G on hand and decided to use it. Just think of this tank as a grow out...the fish I will be getting with be no more than 1". Ive got my eye on another SeaClear tank, hoping to eventually swap out all of my glass tanks for acrylic versions. What do you feel the aggression would be from a single leleupi? I wouldn't want a pair of anything so single species may be best.
    I think one would be fine. When I had only a few in the tank at one time, they each claimed their own little area of the tank, aggression really seemed to show up when boundaries were crossed. Then when they were in the growout tank 200+ in a 55g, the aggression was very spread out and not really visible. As a cichlid not very aggressive I suppose.

0 Not allowed!
    Good to know one should be alright. Im planning to grow out the 4(6 eventually) shellies, 3 J.transcriptus, 1 Leleupi, 1 Inkfin Calvus. I think that would give a 40G a nice stock when they are mature...and since all of these fish(except the shellies) will be bought at 1" or less I have some time to order the new and more spacious abode.

Pics as promised;

Ive titled this photo: b*tch you need to clean yo glass!

This one is titled: Im sooooo pretty

I just tossed some of the shells in...nothing is final till the new rock arrives.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    cute little beggars

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, and the term beggars is very accurate.

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Ive titled this photo: b*tch you need to clean yo glass!

Just trying to help you out Killer. At least he takes pride in the effort to keep his abode clean.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"