· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh forgot to say, the calvus that you want is the one listed as "ALTOLAMPROLOGOUS CALVUS (INKFIN)". I've seen them all as adults and the inkfin is by far the best looking.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    Noted, as juvies they all look the same.

I am not 100% happy on my rock scape...I need to either look online, or visit a landscape shop in the next week or two before ordering the rest of the livestock. I could maybe also get some larger seriyu stone, but I would like something darker in color.

You know you need another tank Taurus, and Petco is having a $1 per G sale soon
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 20g high with 6 neolamp. multies and a Julie transcriptus. They are fine together. I hadn't considered adding more, but you think a calvus would be okay in a tank that size with that stocking? It sounds similar to your setup. That's why I amassing you.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!

This is a good video to give you some ideas, I forgot I had it. If you skip to the 1:55 point its my 29g when it was a full tang community. It gives an idea of how they interact with one another. The rockwork also worked well as far as territory building, the fish seemed to like it, they built allot of tunnels in the sand underneath everything.

And yep, those are the same occies that are on their way to you lol.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice looking tanks...and your Tang community seemed peaceful atleast in the video. What was your stocking?

I will be upgrading this tank at some point down the road, mainly when my calvus gets larger. I hear they grow painfully slow. My 20G sits on the metal stand under my 50G reef...so I would probably be upgrading to a 40G(36x15x16) within the next year. I just had this tank on hand and had never used it.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The autocorrect on my tablet screwed up my last sentence.. It should have said " am asking." Anyway, I'll keep mine as it is, then.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, they grow incredibly slow. Most fish from lake Tanganyika are slow growers. My calvus went from 1 1/2" to 2" in about 8 months. There wont be any rush to upgrade for him lol. I only see a problem if two of your Julies decided to pair, just in case make two decided separate rock formations, or they could take the whole tank for themselves.

AquaCats, yes you could add a young calvus. You would probably have to upgrade eventually but as discussed it would takes years for him to outgrow it.

My 29g stocking was: 4 Occies, 3 Julies, 1 Leluepi, 1 Calvus, and 2 neolamprologus caudopunctatus. The stocking would have been perfect had I not added the caudopunctatus. They are nasty fish anyway but when they decided to pair they became crazy nasty, they now have the entire 29g to themselves. If you walk up to the tank when they are spawning the female will charge the glass like an angry rhinoceros trying to get you, its crazy lol.

0 Not allowed!
    Do you think i could get away with a leluepi? Ive wanted some of those for years.

4x75Gs coming soon

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Possibly, but you would have to pair back the Julies. I would get one leluipi and 1 of the larger species of julie. As long as you had two seprerate rock piles it should be fine. And you could always add more julies when you upgraded the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Definitely something to think about....thanks!

4x75Gs coming soon