· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Compatibility of these bottom region dwellers?

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I posted a thread in the Tetra forum concerning how many Black Phantom Tetra I should include in a school for my aquarium. One of the members posted a suggested stocking plan for my aquarium. I like the basic design of the stocking plan that was suggested, but there are a few of the fish species that do not appeal to me. However, I am going to use the basic design of the stocking plan, and replace some of the less appealing fish species with some that I find to be appealing. Now here is how my bottom dwelling stocking plan for my 6x2x2 180 gallon peaceful community aquarium.

-10 Albino Cory
    -10 Sterbai Cory
    -24 Coolie Loach
    -1 Bulldog Pleco

This is almost identical to the bottom dwelling stocking plan that the AC member posted in my thread. The only changes that I made were 10 Sterbai Cory instead of 10 Green Cory, and 1 Bulldog Pleco instead of one Royal Pleco. I actually prefer the Royal Pleco over the Bulldog Pleco, but I worry about a 16" territorial fish swimming around my aquarium. However, I want a Royal Pleco if there is any chance that one could peacefully coexist with the other fish species in my aquarium. I also decided to stay with the 25 Coolie Loach. Although I found several other Loach species to be more visually appealing they were either too delicate, too large, too territorial, or too aggressive. Now that I have listed, and explained my preference for a bottom dwelling stocking plan I would appreciate any information on the compatibility of these species. Please remember that I prefer the Royal Pleco even though I listed the Bulldog Pleco.

-Robert P. Lewis
    Last edited by MichiganMan; 07-09-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    6x2x2 180 gallon stocking plan: 4 African Butterfly Cichlid, 6 Albino Cory, 24 Black Phantom Tetra,
    8 Congo Tetra

0 Not allowed!
    Why wasn't this post just added to the other thread so the same conversation could be continued in the same place?

0 Not allowed!
    The other thread topic concerned Black Phantom Tetra, and since there are no Black Phantom Tetra on the list I thought it was a "different discussion." I would hate to hijack my own thread about Black Phantom Tetra with an off topic discussion.

-Robert P. Lewis
    6x2x2 180 gallon stocking plan: 4 African Butterfly Cichlid, 6 Albino Cory, 24 Black Phantom Tetra,
    8 Congo Tetra

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Any cories will be fine together, they may not school but they aren't territorial.

Never had the rest. :)
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

0 Not allowed!
    @ Azurescriber - Thanks for the input. I was excited to read that different species of Cory would school together. Then I was disappointed to hear that different species of Cory only school together in the wild. However, I find the Albino Cory, and the Sterbai Cory to be very appealing to the eye. Therefore, if they do not school together in my aquarium they will still look nice.

-Robert P. Lewis
    8 Congo Tetra

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am just unsure why you want 3 bottom dweller species..

They should be compatible together. But not too sure with other fish you might want to stock with.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    @Paul - its a 180G, he can manage 3 bottom dwelling species
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know that scotti. I guess i'm just a fan of just having one or two schools for each region of the tank.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    So in a 6 foot tank you'd have 6 species? abit conservative IMO
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just saying Bulldog Pleco's need a group of 3 or more preferably 6. Their scientific name is parotocinclus jumbo if you want to look more up on them.
    10 Gallon Nano Tank