· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default One-Piece Glass Top for 48" Long 60 Gallon...

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 60 gallon, 48" long aquarium with the glass "center brace" in the middle for support (came that way). I currently run two 24" glass "versa" tops -- one by Aqueon and one from Marineland -- with the handles, one on each side of the brace. Is there anyone who makes a one-piece glass top suited for tanks with the center brace, or am I stuck with doing two pieces?

I'm constantly cracking or breaking these tops by accident when they come off for tank maintenance, and I'd like to get one piece that fits over the whole top...

0 Not allowed!
    On piece would not fit with that center brace and why in comes in two pieces.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I figured, although I swear I remember getting a one-piece top for this tank when we first bought it...

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Go to a glass shop, they might be able to make that for you if you really want it.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaldave
    Go to a glass shop, they might be able to make that for you if you really want it.
    Thanks Dave -- I mean Paul; I'd rather buy it in a store if something like this was available...

0 Not allowed!
    The glass tops fit down inside of the groves of the tank frame and the brace. Anything to fit on top of the tank would have to sit on top of the entire frame......not in the groves. Since you want the front part to open, it would have to be hinged from the back part.

If you have an Aqueon tank, get the Aqueon glass lid. There is a very slight difference between the Aqueon and the Perfecto. Not much but just enough that the top will not fit properly.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 07-09-2012 at 01:46 AM.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    The glass tops fit down inside of the groves of the tank frame and the brace. Anything to fit on top of the tank would have to side on top of the entire frame......not in the groves. Since you want the front part to open, it would have to be hinged from the back part.

If you have an Aqueon tank, get the Aqueon glass lid. There is a very slight difference between the Aqueon and the Perfecto. Not much but just enough that the top will not fit properly.
    I don't have an Aqueon tank. I have a Fujimoto, but the glass tops are dual tops -- one from Aqueon/All Glass and the other from Marineland. They fit, as you described, in the "grooves" of the tank frame, with part of them sitting on the glass center brace.