· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default So I had changed my mind.

0 Not allowed!
    I was saying that I really wanted those ghost shrimp for my new tank, but then I realized something kind of nasty. You can see their organs. Anyone recommend another bottom feeder/center piece fish I could get at a Petsmart? In a sense I have to buy it from there, it's hard to explain but I am limited to Petsmart.

So far, I have decided 4-5 neon tetras, and 4-5 glowlight tetras with 2 snails. All for a 10 gallon tank. I might get maybe a loach, but I know very little of them. Also being considered are African Dwarf Frogs, who is familiar with them?
    Last edited by Kackle526; 07-07-2012 at 12:44 AM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I also forgot to say maybe a Red Clawed Crab, but he won't have much airspace if any.

0 Not allowed!
    I love African Dwarf Frogs. I would get 2 or 3 of them if I were you.

They are very fun to watch because they swim to the surface to get air and back down frequently. They love plants and once they start to feel at home in your tank they will amuse you greatly by floating about in strange positions. I call it water ballet.

Be wary that they do require extra time and attention. They are not really scavengers and they will not seek out their food. They have to be target fed. I use a big pair of reptile tweezers or a turkey baster to squirt bloodworms and brine shrimp right down by their faces. I feed them every other day.

This can be a frustrating process of feeding at first as it feels time consuming and they can initially be quite skiddish. It won't take long for them to learn about their food source. Before Dewey died he used to eat right out of my hand.

I don't think there is a loach that is small enough for your tank, but I'll leave that for someone else to answer. Also I would recommend choosing 1 tetra and having them in one big school. You can have both in smaller schools if you'd like, but you may find that they are much more entertaining in their interactions and behavior when you have all of the same species in a large school. Good luck!
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    If you have Paypal or a credit/debit card [Or someone who trusts you does], You have far wider shopping options than simply Petsmart.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    If you have Paypal or a credit/debit card [Or someone who trusts you does], You have far wider shopping options than simply Petsmart.
    This is true. I got my hybrid bumblebee/tiger shrimp from an online vendor and it was a very positive experience.
    ~Manna

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So you can see their organs. So what? It's natural not nasty.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels
    So you can see their organs. So what? It's natural not nasty.
    I can understand it being a little creepy. It doesn't bother me, but to each his own I guess.
    ~Manna

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also to add, redclaw crab = no. They need 80% land and only a little water.

Size wise you could have a couple kuli's. They add almost nothing to the bioload.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Khulis are schoolers, it's not really fair to have a few.

For your setup, one school of neons OR glowlights (10 or so) would be awesome, with a couple frogs and your snails.

Frogs are very entertaining. :)
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!