· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalJenemba
    Yea skip the electric, thats way to much for one anyway. A normal ram is actually a prettier fish if well taken of?
    I agree totally with the above.

My GBR pair live in 7.8 pH with no problems. The water at the LFS where I bought them had the same pH so I figured, should be fine. It's been over two years and they are fine. Your stocking list is also similar to mine so I dont see any problems at all. I started mine in a 29 gallon with cardinals, neon, Harlequin rasboras, glow lights, hatchets and cories with a red tailed shark.
    I have since moved all of them to a 55 gallon and added to the the schools.

Your water parameters (ammonia and nitrites), need to be stable at 0 ppms, and try to keep your nitrates under 40 ppms. Are you using live plants? Moss?
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To late to edit, there's not supposed to be a question mark at the end of my last post lol
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I only have 1 live plant in my tank. I just picked up a Ram last night. He's a balloon ram. He was in a tank full of rams. He's awesome. I'll post a pic later. I just turned the lights on him for the first time so he's still skittish. He finally came out from behind cover and quickly went back as someone walked past the tank.
    27 gallon Marineland cube freshwater:
    4 Cory Catfish
    10 Red Eye Tetras
    4 neon tetras
    1 Balloon Ram
    1 Bolivian Ram

15 gallon brackish:
    1 Figure 8 Puffer

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have kept about 10 rams with no success. I've learned a lot though you want to keep the temp at least 80 the range being 80-86. You can always get cories that live in warmer water. As for the Ph, they should be fine at 7.4, but peat moss or drift/bogwood would be a good addition to lower it and add the tannins to make it feel more natural. They NEED LOTS of hiding spots and will benefit from LIVE plants. Even a little corner of the tank with some live plants and a cave like a flowerpot to hide in will make them feel more secure. Live plants also keep the nitrates and other harmful things down, which will help the rams as they are very sensitive to the parameters. Your tetras will act as dither fish so they feel they can come out and explore. I would suggest getting more rams because they'll feel more secure in a shoal almost. Mine would stay together and move everywhere together. Also, make sure you get your rams from a good source. Some fish stores get their rams from large breeders in Asia that inject them with dyes that will ware off as well asmake the fish more delicate than they already are. (making an early death very likely.)If I were you I would ask the fish store where they got them and also wait a week before you buy the rams, to make sure the colours don't fade and that they'll survive. Lastly, they get stressed very easily. This will be shown if the ram does not colour up and you see black line/s on its body. Another sign is if its fins are layed flat, normally they will display them. Anyway I have given you all of my knowledge about rams and sorry for it being so scattered and jumpy. Ps, don't be surprised if they just die. It could or could not be your fault, they are very sensitive! Lovely fish nevertheless.