· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Would like to get a blue ram

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all,

I would like to get a Blue Ram to go along with my current stock. Anybody have any xp with these guys. Should I get a pair?

I currently have:

6 Red Eye Tetras (will be 8 by tomorrow)
    8 Neon Tetras
    4 Cory Catfish

Thanks
    27 gallon Marineland cube freshwater:
    4 Cory Catfish
    10 Red Eye Tetras
    4 neon tetras
    1 Balloon Ram
    1 Bolivian Ram

15 gallon brackish:
    1 Figure 8 Puffer

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They should be fine. General rule is to go singly or 1m/2-3f unless you know you are getting a mated pair. They are also a bit sensitive regarding water conditions, so keep your tank clean and make sure it's done cycling before adding them. If it's your 27, they would make a great centerpiece fish!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, it's the 27 and that's exactly what I was going for. It's fully cycled and clean. AQadvisor alerted me that my other tankmates may not all be able to live under the same water temps. My tank temp is 78 now and the cories have been doing fine even though AQ has their max at 75.
    4 Cory Catfish
    10 Red Eye Tetras
    4 neon tetras
    1 Balloon Ram
    1 Bolivian Ram

15 gallon brackish:
    1 Figure 8 Puffer

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Eh... I have my rams with cories at 76-78 degrees and haven't had a problem. No big, IMO.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good deal. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your ram?
    4 Cory Catfish
    10 Red Eye Tetras
    4 neon tetras
    1 Balloon Ram
    1 Bolivian Ram

15 gallon brackish:
    1 Figure 8 Puffer

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Your ram will work as long as you provide it pristene water conditions. Mines cost 5
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yep your fine, just make sure the water is clean. Have you tested the ph? They do better in softer water but should be ok as long as the ph isn't above 7.5. Price vary's but dont pay over $10 for one unless its a proven mated pair.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalJenemba
    Yep your fine, just make sure the water is clean. Have you tested the ph? They do better in softer water but should be ok as long as the ph isn't above 7.5. Price vary's but dont pay over $10 for one unless its a proven mated pair.

My PH runs on the higher side. Last I checked it was 7.4. I just checked my LFS and they have one coming in on Tuesday for $24.99. For that price I may get a German Blue Ram. Half the price. But I do like the look of the Electric Blue.
    4 Cory Catfish
    10 Red Eye Tetras
    4 neon tetras
    1 Balloon Ram
    1 Bolivian Ram

15 gallon brackish:
    1 Figure 8 Puffer

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry when you said blue ram I thought you meant GBR nor electric blue. Electrics can cost you quite a bit but in my experience/opinion regular GBRs can be just as beautifull, as I said this little guy cost me 5, and looks awesome. Ok am biast cause I love him

My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea skip the electric, thats way to much for one anyway. A normal ram is actually a prettier fish if well taken of?
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19