· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    We're just messing with you Cindy...although Lee is right, NONE of us has ever made a mistake in fishkeeping like you did,,,yeah, right
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    We're just messing with you Cindy...although Lee is right, NONE of us has ever made a mistake in fishkeeping like you did,,,yeah, right
    None that you'd ever admit to :o(
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    as I recall slap you were not good about educating Mrs Slap about a betta in a vase or whatever it was in...
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    as I recall slap you were not good about educating Mrs Slap about a betta in a vase or whatever it was in...
    PRECISELY....and I bought neons for Lauren's tank way before it was cycled, or before I even knew what cycling was...and I bought pregnant platies...and I dropped a cory on a towel, and almost threw away another...and I accidentally killed 4 of my rosys with gas bubble disease...should I keep going?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    lol, is it horrible that I'm laughing about the deaths of many fish? =X
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    lol, is it horrible that I'm laughing about the deaths of many fish? =X
    Yes it is, now go sit in the corner and think about what you said!
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Ahhhh, yes sir.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    None that you'd ever admit to :o(
    I had to had to have a Lemonpeel angel when I kept a marine tank, and bought one from a less then desirable dealer when I knew better, I lost the whole tank. It sucked because Marine fish have very distinct personalities like the big fish many of you keep.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Cindy,

How is the nitrate situation going? I'm going to switch filters this week and was wondering if I should bother adding mechanical filtration or not. Hope things are looking up!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another journal update
    Yesterday was water change day but because we were traveling it didn't get done.
    Checked the trates today before I did the change and was very surprised to see nitrates were only 15 - 20ppm. Excellent. Again, I'm attributing that to the newer larger clean filter and additional ceramic rings and will still reserve judgement on my experiment to switch over to 100% ceramic media in the canisters for biological filtration with only prefilter sponges on the intake tubes for mechanical filtration.
    Also saw a trace of ammonia again today which I'm still attributing to loss of BB when I changed out the filters. Hopefully, this will disappear when the BB catches up with the bioload.

I also removed all of my plants and dipped them in a 95% water to 5% bleach solution then rinsed well with Prime conditioned water. My annubis were tucked into higher spots on the driftwood and subsequently were continuously covered with brown algae (both due to nitrates and my led lighting) The annubis are now tucked in the lower areas of the driftwood, the java ferns a bit higher and the hornwort is tucked here and there and floating. Thanks to kevin for these suggestions.

Also cleaned my rocks in a bleach solution - which I haven't done in a very long time.
    So, the 90 looks gorgeous. The rock caves are all back in place so the plecos and everyone else is happy but I was public enemy #1 there for a while as far as they were concerned.

I'm trying very hard to only keep the lights on for 1 - 2 hours in the morning, then again for no more than 6 hours in the afternoon. They are off as of 7:00pm at the latest as I spend very little time in my office in the evening.

Still haven't managed a photo of the new pleco but he's doing well so maybe I'll get one soon.

I'm dosing Flourish Comprehensive weekly in this tank and may up the dosing to 2X a week to see if that will help combat the brown algae. Keven (bless him) has also suggested dosing either with Flourish Excel or Metrix Metricide to help with both plant growth and algae. I need to place an order today.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast