· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    I know your kidding FT but I was talking about, Green Anaconda, and Caiman, not a reptile fan, LOL.
    yea I know I was being sarcastic,

most aquatic snakes are actually very poisonous as well where the anaconda is a constrictor although still deadly. There are also various croc's, gators, even bull sharks have been know to venture 100 miles up river [that was the inspiration for the movie Jaws for those that didn't know - forgot the name of the incident however]
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    I thought the inspiration of Jaws was an actual Great White off the coast of NJ (which is a rare occurrence).
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    yea I know I was being sarcastic,

most aquatic snakes are actually very poisonous as well where the anaconda is a constrictor although still deadly. There are also various croc's, gators, even bull sharks have been know to venture 100 miles up river [that was the inspiration for the movie Jaws for those that didn't know - forgot the name of the incident however]
    Jon Voight, was scarier than that fake Anaconda anyway, LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    I thought the inspiration of Jaws was an actual Great White off the coast of NJ (which is a rare occurrence).
    nope it was a Bull Shark -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_...ttacks_of_1916

It was initially identified as a juvi Great White, but decades later it was later found out to be the lesser known Bull Shark
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

0 Not allowed!
    The attacks were by Bull Sharks, but they had found Great Whites dozens of miles off the coast of NJ. They originally blamed the White Shark, but it was actually the Bull Sharks doing the nastiness.

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Sorry Cindy, we hijacked the heck out of your journal, LOL!!
    Yes, I've been pouting all day because of you all -- NOT. I left early this am to get the grand kids. We just happened to stop by my LFS on the way home. Imagine that. Could not resist a GORGEOUS Royal Pleco for the 90 - still have a little brown algae problem on my plants. The 6 year old and I acclimated him for a long time before we fed the tank, turned out the lights and added him. I'll send picts when I can but he's a nice one. About 3 1/2 inches long already - a lot of tail and a big wide head. his body is dark but he has a really cool white stripe about a 1/4 inch from the end of his tail. Was going to get some more nerites to help with the brown algae (not diatoms) and see if they would work out in the 90 but he didn't have any. Shipments have been slowed way down by the bitter cold we've been experiencing.
    But we had a small heatwave today Yea!! up to 36F! Quite a turn around from the -20F 2 days ago.

Oh - and you can hijack my thread any time :o)

Time to get all these outlaws in the shower ...
    Last edited by fishmommie; 02-14-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Imagine that you at the LFS getting more fish, we would never have guessed it.
    Current tanks:

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on the find, didn't you have one when I first joined?

Those "Moose" get pretty big don't they, LOL?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new addition. Can't wait to see pics! =]

0 Not allowed!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she started out with a Royal Pleco, but was having a tough time getting it to eat. I think it starved itself to death.

Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast