· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 143 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1595

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

2 Not allowed!
    All you need is a small slit big enough to hold the stem. You can buy a pothos potted and just cut a piece off. Stick the cut end so that it is in the water (might have to remove some leaves to get a long enough piece) and just wait. It'll grow quite nicely and you can drape it over your tank once it gets going well.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    All you need is a small slit big enough to hold the stem. You can buy a pothos potted and just cut a piece off. Stick the cut end so that it is in the water (might have to remove some leaves to get a long enough piece) and just wait. It'll grow quite nicely and you can drape it over your tank once it gets going well.
    Thanks! Just so happens I know a friend offering up free pothos cuttings. Will definitely try this.
    DM's 20g high - journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay folks. It's been 3 days without dosing metricide - and already I'm seeing algae forming on my driftwood. bummer.
    Also, I have tested the pH every day for 3 days - different times of the day and in the am before the lights are turned on. If anything, it's dropped more. The water sample with the test agent is so pale, it no longer even has a trace of green and is way to pale for yellow. So - I don't know what that means. Did I by pass yellow all together?

In any event, my crushed coral arrived unexpectedly today. So I rinse a cup of it and put it in a media bag and I hung the bag in front of the spray bar so there's some water circulating through it.

How long before I'll most likely see an increase in the pH? And should I start out with more crushed coral? I'm afraid to do anything to drastic too fast.

Will be gone again for 10 days starting friday and would at least like to see a little color in the test tube before I go.

Any help will be appreciated. thanks!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    How long before I'll most likely see an increase in the pH? And should I start out with more crushed coral? I'm afraid to do anything to drastic too fast.
    Since this is your 90 gallon tank, I think a couple of cups of crushed coral would be ok Cindy.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    I would go 3-4 cups if it was me using this method. I agree with the bull upstairs.

Which at this time... we are sooo getting into rocket science!
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    I would go 3-4 cups if it was me using this method. I agree with the bull upstairs.

Which at this time... we are sooo getting into rocket science!
    Who is the bull up stairs?
    And if I add 3 cups = 4 total will the PH gradually rise over the next 10 days? And if so, do I have to worry about it?
    Hate that I'm leaving for the tank's sake and am worried about the results while I'm gone.

Will the pH go too high in 10 days or will it be at safe levels?

Also, should I start dosing the metricide again or will that counteract the affects of the coral?

Why oh why can't this be a little more simple??

So appreciate the help guys!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails

1 Not allowed!
    Why oh why can't this be a little more simple??
    How could this hobby be fun without a challenge? Lol.
    DM's 20g high - journal

0 Not allowed!
    Who is the bull up stairs?
    Guessing it's Taurus' post

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No change in the pH level overnight and I added 2 more cups of crushed coral before I went to bed.

I put it in 2 separate media bags that are hanging in the water.

Wondering now if I'll need to tuck them in one of my canisters to have any result.
    thoughts?
    I'd like to avoid putting them in the cans because, one, it's a pita, and two, if I have to continue to add to get the pH up, it's like a ground hog's day of pitas :o(

thoughts?

1 Not allowed!
    thoughts?
    Yeah, you worry to much!

When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Page 143 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast