· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Cool My future 40 long - a river tank after all!

5 Not allowed!
    Well, I should be able to do my river tank after all - stocked with Panda Garras and Glowlight Danios. I had bookmarked a site about the panda garra a year ago, but forgot about it when I thought the river tank was a no-go. Happened to find it again last week when updating my bookmarked pages. They can take higher temps than other loaches, so this river tank will be my next setup.

Getting a SunSun HW302 canister delivered on Thursday (had a $10 amazon gift card), the first of two. Will order another and they will go on the dual 29s, with my two Rena Filstar XP-Ms going on the future 40 long, giving a bit more turnover per hour (about 10X).

This tank setup will probably win the "Longest Time Taken to Set Up a Tank" award -

1. I have had the tank for about 2 years, still need to get my equipment, decor & fish.

2. The garras are about $10 each for medium size, so 6 are $60, plus the danios, 15 X $3, another $45, all from Gunpowder Aquatics, plus shipping

3. They need a mature tank, so need to keep it cycled for 3-4 months

I'll start a journal when I'm a bit closer to set up.

Panda Garra - the 2nd video did it for me

75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Zebra Danio, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras, Peacock Gudgeon
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

5 Not allowed!
    Yay for new tank adn new journal! I learned about river setups from Rob's journal and i think it's a really cool idea, so I'm really looking forward to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    This tank setup will probably win the "Longest Time Taken to Set Up a Tank" award -
    It's a river-tank race between you and Rob! The winner is the one that takes the longest time to start stocking.... or should it be the other way around?

Never mind. I'll enjoy following both journals regardless of how long they take.

Awards Showcase

Thx for the nomination. - pRED Thx for the nomination - pRED right back at cha :o) - fishmommie T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly 
    You are a superman for hanging in there with this tank. - fishmommie Good to see you back and thanx for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos 

4 Not allowed!
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

my fav!  back at 'cha - fishmommie Right back at ya -- cheers! - RiversGirl T.G.I.F.!  I can't drink alone. - Boundava I don't like to drink alone,...  Cheers !!! - Cliff Thanks for the help! - BluewaterBoof 
    Just 'cause - Boundava Yay for SW - SeaLady Happy Holidays! - Boundava Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

3 Not allowed!
    Hooray! Congrats, Laura! I'm so happy for you. I'll be looking forward to the start of your new journal and following the build.

1 Not allowed!
    Subscribed, I am
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

2 Not allowed!
    Yay!! to the new tank to come! Boo!! to all of you that have more patience in one pinkie finger than I have in my whole body! But following this I will be! Congrats!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

Thx for the nomination. - pRED Thx for the nomination - pRED right back at cha :o) - fishmommie T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly 
    You are a superman for hanging in there with this tank. - fishmommie Good to see you back and thanx for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos 

1 Not allowed!
    Gronlaura, congrats on new tank. I can't wait to see your end result. It will be stunning.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

1 Not allowed!
    ooOOOooo! What terrific fun! *subscribed*

3 Not allowed!
    A HA!!! I knew it would work for you! This makes me happy indeed. I too looking into garras, I'm glad you picked them. Combined with the danios this will be neat. I'm really excited about this. As for longest build lol I think I'm going to have to wait about six years for any fish to be in this tank. It just feels right that way. ;)
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    As for longest build lol I think I'm going to have to wait about six years for any fish to be in this tank. It just feels right that way. ;)
    Can't you at least get some pond snails or something??
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal