· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Getting back into Aquriums with a 55

0 Not allowed!
    Well a friend of mine had a tank that they didn't care for at all. They wanted it gone so I grabbed it.
    Once I got it home I discovered I had one heck of a project on My hands. The entire time there HOB filter was on it it was leaking water down the side. They also rarely topped the water up so it was covered in calcium. Tried a bunch of suggestions form here and other places but prescience won out buy use a razor blade and vinegar rag soaks repeatedly.

Unfortunately with scraping I broke the center support. It was a clean break across the center. I JB weld it back together then cut a thick piece of plastic to the exact tank size and jb welded to the support.

Leak tested, found out it leaks So im currently stripping the silicone and going to reseal.
    Found this piece of drift wood. Walked around the forest all day finding nothing I wanted turned to leave and this was sitting in the bank.

found this stand on cregs list for cheep only problem is the person built it for a strange size or didn't have there long sides 100% supported. So I am planning on putting a piece of plywood on top so the tanks fully supported

Planned stocking will be 2 pumkin seeds
    4-6 Common shiners
    Ghost shrimp
    MTS
    Assiassin snail

Will be planted with
    Java fern
    Ceratophyllum
    Marsilea quadrifolia
    star grass

MGOPM and gravel cap

Awards Showcase

For the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Here's to new fish and shrimp ;-) - steeler58 Sorry about your Cat I hope she/he rallies - steeler58 Thanks for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. - Slaphppy7 New gifts show still show up : ) - mommy1 Thanks for the help! Cheers! - BluewaterBoof new school fish. - cm12setx Thank you! - BluewaterBoof 

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, a project. Great job cleaning up the tank and with the center support. Like the driftwood, really love the stand and the top you are going to put on it. Love the North American fish, never heard of pumpkinseed, they are beautiful-wonder if they will get to 10" on you. Love the plant list too, can't wait to see this come together. Always wanted to try star grass.
    75g. heavily planted/CO2 w/ DW. Stock: tetra, gourami, cory, oto, loach, threadfin, pleco, shrimp, and nerite/mystery/mts/assassin snails
    5g. planted w/DW, EMPTY
    5g. pending tear down, EMPTY
    10g. CYCLED!!! Orange shrimp, and Chili rasboras
    20L CYCLED!!! Blue Pearl Shrimp, Epsei and CPD

My 75g:
    My 10-20L Shrimp tank

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC....cool project with the free tank..."free" is my favorite price

FYI, you don't need a pice of plywood across the top of the stand, the tank is supported on the sides by the trim, not the bottom...but you MAY consider putting a piece of foam board between the tank and stand, in case there are any imperfections on the stand surface...the 1/2" or 3/4" foam insulation board used for homes works great....cut to the exact size of the tank, then use black duct tape to trim out the cut edges
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah the trim is what I was talking about right now the tank only makes contact with the stand on the 4 corners and the 2 slats the run front to back on the stand.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the nomination :) - steeler58 Thanks 4 help - pRED T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - Silbar 
    Happy Easter - fishmommie You stumped me! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 5,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 For your 3 year anniversary - Boundava Here's to three great years ;-) - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    If the measurement of the perimeter of the stand is the same as the bottom frame of the tank, you are good to go. Like Matt posted, no plywood is needed - the tank is supported by the black bottom frame only. The bottom glass does not and should not touch the stand. Just add a piece of pink foam insulation as suggested and you're done.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    75 gal - Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras, Peacock Gudgeons
    Future 40 Long - Panda Garras & Glowlight Danios

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I must not be explaining it well. The gaps in the stand front to back are 14" the tank is 12 3/4". I plan to use the plywood to bridge the gaps.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the nomination :) - steeler58 Thanks 4 help - pRED T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - Silbar 
    Happy Easter - fishmommie You stumped me! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 5,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 For your 3 year anniversary - Boundava Here's to three great years ;-) - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    So the stand is too deep. Is it 18" front to back? If so, it's for a 75 gal. I would do a minimum of 3/4" thick plywood and have either the front or back of the tank sitting on the outer edge. And be sure to add the foam between the tank and plywood - it prevents the bottom glass from touching any imperfections in the plywood, which could crack the glass.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    75 gal - Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras, Peacock Gudgeons
    Future 40 Long - Panda Garras & Glowlight Danios

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    resealed not the prettiest but its done now to wait a week and see if it leaks.
    1796730_850779544970072_7756893611456311337_o.jpg

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    well after leak testing the center support became extremely bowed upward. Went to a local pet shop they had ordered to meany tanks so I was able to pick up a 75g for $75. :)

Awards Showcase

For the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Here's to new fish and shrimp ;-) - steeler58 Sorry about your Cat I hope she/he rallies - steeler58 Thanks for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. - Slaphppy7 New gifts show still show up : ) - mommy1 Thanks for the help! Cheers! - BluewaterBoof new school fish. - cm12setx Thank you! - BluewaterBoof 

0 Not allowed!
    That's a great deal for a 75, sorry the center support didn't work for you.
    75g. heavily planted/CO2 w/ DW. Stock: tetra, gourami, cory, oto, loach, threadfin, pleco, shrimp, and nerite/mystery/mts/assassin snails
    5g. planted w/DW, EMPTY
    5g. pending tear down, EMPTY
    10g. CYCLED!!! Orange shrimp, and Chili rasboras
    20L CYCLED!!! Blue Pearl Shrimp, Epsei and CPD

My 75g:
    My 10-20L Shrimp tank