· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default issues and aquascape advice

0 Not allowed!
    Well all my plants are thriving atm. Except this one I have in the back its very very slowly turning yellow then leaves die off. I use root tabs and fert 1.5ml of flourish comp twice a week and use apis co2 every other day I don't know what it OS and ill take a pic of it later but I'm looking for some advice on how to aquascape this tank I need to trim the wiseria and replant but not sure where to put them. The fern will stay where it is and I'm still looking for a floating plant that has hanging roots. I don't want frogbit or hornwort and I dont know what my lightitng is considered. Right now 29 gallon tank with 48 watts of light 1t5 Ho 6700k and 1 t5 Ho 100000k. I keep on around 10 hours a day. When I put up pics of my tank. Feed back would be great

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is the plant that is currently and slowly dying on me

0 Not allowed!
    With only one leaf turning colors, I'm not too sure I would say your plant is dieing just yet.

What are your current water parameters ? The leaf does look like it is showing signs of nitrogen deficiancy, but typically you would see more than one leaf showing symptons if that was the case. As you are dosing some ferts, I would keep an eye on that plant for a while

If it continues, and your nitrates do not register on your test kit, consider changing your ferts.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Amazon Swords don't need all the ferts in the water but need them at the roots. They also can not be planted too deep. Pull it up some and cut off that leaf that is bad.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im showing Nitrates not strong about 10ppm atm but i just did a 20 percent water change Wed because i was showing 0.25 ammonia and 0.50 nitrite. Now tonight i have no nitrite but about 0.50 ammonia and 10ppm nitrate. Its weirding me out??

I think i did bury it to the bottom so ill try pulling it up a little and cutting off the bad part.
    IT was originally getting bad fast when i had the one bulb then i added two but the one bulb was Blue I just got the 6.7k to replace the blue one last saturday so hopefully that will help.

The liquid fert is to make the Wisteria grow faster There is a API root tab next to the sword. on Saturday ill do all that because i want to cut and replant the tops of my wisteria now that they are bushier.

Any tips on maybe how to layout this tank and get it looking like a nice jungle
    This was when i first set it up 3 weeks ago

Now
    Right side
    LEft side

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ammonia Reading

Nitrate Reading

FYI this was the first time since resetting this aquarium back up that i showed nitrites even if it was for a day.

0 Not allowed!
    You have a bit less than 2 watts per gallon but you have T5HO bulbs that are powerful. Plus you're using a 10,000 bulb. Same bulbs that come in my Nova. That light has given me green spot algae since I started using it and I need to replace that 10,000 with a 6700K. I've been talking about replacing it for 4 months but always seem to have brain fade when I place my online order.

You do not yet have a firm cycle or would not be showing ammonia and nitrites. I wouldn't cut your Wisteria back. It just started growing.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So the 10k is bad sigh I thought it was good this stinks