· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Suggestions for lighting

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 55 tall tank with 2 single light strips (t8)

I have had really good luck with crypts, swords, anubias (no luck with micro sword and hair grass) so far. Have been adding Flourish excel daily or every other day. Seems to make everything grow like mad. I tried Flourish plain (the weekly one) and it seemed to really burn the plants.

I'd like to change my bulbs I think I have two 6500 here. Do I really need more?

I also am cycling a 29 gallon and would like advise for lighting it. Same plants and added water wisteria. Was just about to purchase a Aqualight 30" t5 double fixture but had some bad reviews on the 30" (seems the 24" does fine?) Would 2 24" fixtures be overkill? Or is there some way to do this and stay in my budget (really looking for less than $100 on the lighting for now) I'm working with mostly low light plants, I don't want to go crazy--would like some moss in the future though.

0 Not allowed!
    I have always had the best luck with 6700K bulbs. 6500K should do just fine as well

for your 29 gallon, a double T5 fixture should be OK with 6500 or 6700K bulbs if all you want if low light plants. I've only used coralife T5 fixtures on my FW tanks and they have worked well for me
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    For your 29g, check out your local hydroponics dealer.
    They can sell you individual T5HO strip lights and reflectors at great prices. Most have good pricing on a double T5HO fixture as well.
    They always have the best pricing on daylight T5HO lamps as the hydroponics industry sells more of them than the aquarium industry ever will. All will have ~24" and ~48" fixtures and many stock ~30" fixtures.

If you're at all DIY handy, consider LEDs.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff! Yea, I'm not wanting to get too crazy. I like lower maintenance.

dbosman---You were NOT KIDDING. Those prices are MUCH better!! With that I might be able to afford enough for a fixture for BOTH tanks now instead of having to wait. Thank you for the suggestion!

Someone will be upgrading lighting!!