· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Post New 75 gallon tank Leopard Bush fish with...

0 Not allowed!
    I am soon to be getting a 75 gallon tank and am wondering what fish would go good or could live with my leopard bush fish (still juvenille)? I have always wanted a species from Acestrorhynchus (dont know what species i should get), but dont know if any are able to live prosperously in a 75 gal. Furthermore, if they even could live with my LBF. But I'm open to anything for this upcoming tank. If it helps any the tank will have a aquaclear 110. Looking forward to hear from anyone who has an idea

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How about bichirs? or any more aggresive fish?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone please

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry no one has responded by now - it's possible that people with fish like you want haven't been on the forum regularly - participation can drop in nice weather - hope someone pops by soon!
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

0 Not allowed!
    Probably your best choice if it is a 'cuda you want would be a A. isalinae they only grow to 4" and are peaceful with other larger fish. They are however difficult to feed and you would be forced to feed live prey in most cases. Given their streamlined shape the LBF may attempt to eat them as well. If it were me I would put the LBF in a tank with some rainbow fish or other larger bodied barbs/tetras and let that be it. For a 75G the best choice of Bichir would be a Senegal Bichir. Personally here is what I would do with the tank:

1 LBF
    1 Senegal Bichir
    6-8 Irian Red Rainbowfish
    6-8 Turquoise Rainbowfish
    2-3 BN Plecos
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you MCHR killer and andreahp. I Like the idea of bigger barbs. Thanks for the bichir advice. How about:

LBF
    5/6 Denison Barbs
    5/6 Mascara Barb
    1 Senegal Bichir
    Is there any other types of plecos that will work?

0 Not allowed!
    I would actually stick with 1 barb species and just have a larger group, the Mascara barb would probably work best with your LBF. This is due to the Denison barb coming from swifter waters...they need more water circulation and higher oxygen content. The LBF would not appreciate that much current.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    at my lfs they have a odoe pike with some LBF is that even possible to live for a long period of time and i think im gonna end up going with a reedfish instead of a bichir. and probably a set of vampire plecos.

0 Not allowed!
    It may be fine for awhile when the Pike is small...yet I can see the LBF eventually falling prey to the Pike. Odoes grow to an excess of 2ft...you would need a considerably larger tank for one. A Reedfish would be a good choice for a LBF tank. I would go for a single vampire pleco...they do grow to around 9" two would be a little much for a 75gallon.

4x75Gs coming soon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright thank you again and I'm very excited to start this tank up i will post pics when i get it up and running fully.