· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff that's awesome they're breeding so regularly... really a testament to how well you keep your tanks, even with the bio load they have. You definitely have to get some pictures up of the little suckers
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Hockeyhead.

I tried to get a few pics this weekend, but the anemone kept lowering his peddles and hiding the eggs
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    It's been too long, Cliff! Look at those tangs chowing down in that last vid you posted. Still the tang master, lol.

Still trying to catch up on everything here. Will take me awhile.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to see your back Spardas !!!
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

1 Not allowed!
    I have never been really happy with the growth rate of my SPS and LPS so I sold them all this weekend. As my green and pink star polyps along with the glove star polyps arr growing like weeds, I have decided to make this tank a more softie dominant tank. I have to frag all of these softies at least every 4 weeks or they could get our of control. Hopefully, the SW LFS will still keep taking these from me for store credit so I don't have to pay for all the salt mix I use.

I may also try to add a second carpet anemone on the other side of the tank and maybe try my luck with a second pair of mated clown fish. I just need to find some for sale by another hobbyist that are already hosting or this could be way to risky

I'll post some pics later. The ones I took earlier today did not turn out and the lights are already on the sunset cycle

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking forward to the pictures Cliff. That is unfortunate about your SPS and LPS corals. At least you have a game plan for the future. I can't remember but do you have any zoanthids? Those I think are my favorite coral family. As for the clownfish, what is the concern? That they may not host your anemone? Just curious as I don't know much about clowns.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

0 Not allowed!
    I'v got some zoas, not a lot tho. It's really hard to make a visual impact in a 180 gallon tank with corals that only have a 1/4" head !

Once you have a mated pair of clowns, they are not typically too welcoming towards other clowns. You have to be careful and make sure they claim different territories within the set-up

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I'v got some zoas, not a lot tho. It's really hard to make a visual impact in a 180 gallon tank with corals that only have a 1/4" head !

Once you have a mated pair of clowns, they are not typically too welcoming towards other clowns. You have to be careful and make sure they claim different territories within the set-up
    I see, thanks for the info. As for the Zoas, I see your problem, you just need more of them! lol
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

0 Not allowed!
    And a few FTS. I could not get any good pics today. I'm thinking because the water is a little cloudy due to just completing a waterchange, the blue coloring in the LEDs is being reflexed by the particles in the water. But at any rate, here are some pics, such as they are.

I also did a lot of fragging this afternoon for a few fellow hobbyists. Mostly just green star polyps, green star polyps, and some leathers.

0 Not allowed!
    I've also got some blue star polyps growing in my tank. I must have got some on a frag because I did not add them to the tank. They are growing very fast. They have only been in the tank a few months now, but they are already spreading like wildfire. I might have to start manually removing them soon.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast