· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    A friend of mine decided to take down his 420(ish) FOWLR tank recently and I ended up with two of his fish. I got a Lieutenant Tang (Acanthurus Tennenti) which is also known as a viper tang, as well as a Orange shoulder Tang (Acanthurus Olivaceous). Both are very close to fully grown. Hopefully, they will be out of QT in the next few weeks

They are both currently in my 40 gallon QT tank right now. Although he has never had ick or any other problems like that in his tank in the 7 years he has kept these fish in his tank, I just want to be sure they are OK first. They do have a little fin damage from aggression so I want that to heal up first before adding them to my tank.

I know it’s a really poor quality pic, but as I’m recharging the battery for my camera, I had to use my cell phone.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    He's gorgeous!
    Don't poke the crazy

0 Not allowed!
    What a lovely tank Cliff, I love all the colour and the fish are gorgeous
    Don't poke the crazy

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sarah

It's amazing much much better these two fish are looking after a very very short time.

I might only need a 2 or 3 week QT period, assuming they are in good health. I will keep up with 20% daily water changes for now to make sure the water quality stays in line with their large bioload and helps these two heal up faster. They are already eating very well and don't seam to mind the 40 gallon QT tank
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    ahhh very nice! Didn't snap up the tank too, eh

0 Not allowed!
    I wish.

It's built into his basement wall

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good looking fish. Be sweet to have that tank your friend has
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

I put the new fish in the main tank yesterday. I'm not really worried about them carrying anything as they cam from my friends tank and he has not added any new fish in there for over 3 years. I just felt having two 8 inch in a 40 gallon QT tank was not going to be a good idea for too long as I did not have what I felt was not enough biological filter media for them long term

A few pics below

It was WW3 in the tank for about 3 hours after adding them, even tho all the tanks lights were off as the old tangs let the new ones know there place I guess. Tangs can really be territorial when they want to be. Everyone is getting along fine and they are all now eating from the same veggie clips

0 Not allowed!
    The new guys seam to be doing good. They sure do love their pellets and seaweed, but will not touch any frozen foods. Not too surprised at that as they only got pellets and seaweed for the past 7 to 9 years while in my friends tank. I now have to put 4 veggie clips in the tank so everyone can get some.

0 Not allowed!
    Just catching up on this thread. Lovely Tangs! That last photo you took is full of character!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast