· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019 View Post
    I'd be interested to see somebody do a study on the optimal flow for a scrubber...
    They say 35gph per inch of screen slot but more is better... how much more I have no idea.

@cliff the scrubber looks good!
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above.

That is one of the more accepted rules of thumb for flow. I'm a little closer to that now for flow by adding a secon supply line and makeing the screen more narrow and longer. Even tho I was happy with the results that I was getting before, I'm looking forward to seeing the difference the increased flow makes.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a Australian pectinia coral. It’s one of the more interesting LPS corals that I have seen in a while

I also added a few SPS corals that I felt will develop some very good coloring over time. A purple acro with some blue tones in the color, and a red millie.

I also got one hammer coral which looks like her will get some pretty good green coloring in time

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice corals Cliff.

Once I get a light, I'll try and get where you are. Maybe in 12 years.

The lfs store guy said I was living in the dark ages when I told him I have a T12 over my tank. Not saying he is wrong, but I'll shop elsewhere for that new light.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, 12 years,.... this stuff is not that hard strider. Your 1/2 way there already

0 Not allowed!
    I was not very happy with my water parameters lately, still getting a solid 1 ppm of nitrate. I had rule out everything but the algae scrubber. When I looked at it today, I never noticed how dim the LEDs that were using had become over time. As I they were cheap E-bay knock-offs, I got what I paided for I guess.

I up-graded the lighting on the scrubber. I now have a 100W CFL warm white bulb on one side, and a 80W red CFL on the other. I would have thought Home Depot would have had two red CLFs, but they did not. As this is a lot more light then before, I'm expecting a lot more growth and hopefully less than 1ppm of nitrates

0 Not allowed!
    I can not beleive how much of a difference the red CLF light had made compaired to old LEDs. The old LEDs must have become a lot worse than I thought. This past week I had just as much growth as compaired to the past 4 weeks. I will have to take some comparison pics when I clean the screen next week

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's awesome, man! Looking good!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can you toss a link up ( or message me) of that red cfl that u are using or a model number. I've been trying to get algae to grow on my scrubber for a long time with no luck. The LFS just told me that the red hue helps alot. TX

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWild View Post
    Can you toss a link up ( or message me) of that red cfl that u are using or a model number. I've been trying to get algae to grow on my scrubber for a long time with no luck. The LFS just told me that the red hue helps alot. TX
    You can get them at Home depot, they are made by Philips but they are not listed on there website.

I am getting better growth on the side of the screen with the 42 watt warm white CLF bulb. I will actually be removing the red bulb as it seam not to be bright enough for the lower color temp to have a big enough difference.

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast