· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I emptied the QT tanks last weekend and added a few new fish to the tank. I added a pair of fancy snowflake clown fish. They took to the blue carpet anemone within seconds of being in the tank. I don’t think the anemone has had any clown fish hosting in it in a while as he is not exactly too happy about the whole situation.

I also added a sailfin tang as well

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    And a few new corals

And a full tank shot

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    The breeding pair of clown that I had went to a local hobbyist who is set-up and ready to raise clown fish fry and has done so many times already. So as I was down a pair of clownfish and had an empty QT tank, I decided to do something about the situation

Last week I got a pair of domino clown fish. These are the same domino clown fish that I posted about a few weeks ago. After watching them for a few weeks at the store, I took them home I also got three reef chormis as well. After 3 more weeks of problem free time in QT, I will add them to the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Those snowflake clowns are VERY striking. Do you get them in the wild or are they bred to look that way?

I'm loving the big pink thing on the right that looks like a basket. Wow.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks

The pink thing is a goniopora coral

The clown fish are tank bred and raised to get certain color variations like the ones I just added to the tank. I don't even know if they are found in the wild like that as tank bred clown fish are so easy to find in the hobby, I kinda forget about the natural color varations and patterns.

0 Not allowed!
    Stunning.

Yeah, I thought tomato clowns and black blowns were bred like that until I saw them in the wild. Amazing. Those snowflakes are some of the nicest variants I've seen.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I LOVE those reef Chromis, Cliff.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Allan

I had to wait over a year before our SW LFS could get some in from the suppliers that they trust. I'm hoping they can get a few more for me soon

0 Not allowed!
    I made a few changes to the set-up today. I had added a UV light a while back and had the return line in the sump. Today I built a new algae scrubber so that I can add the flow from the UV light to the scrubber. This should help the scrubber work a whole lot better. I had to change the shape of the screen a little bit. Over all, the loss of screen size is minimal so the scrubber should work a lot better with the increased water flow. I would estimate the flow to be around 1600 gph.

I also added a few new coral frags and some SPS. I’ll post some more pics once my camera battery is charged again

0 Not allowed!
    looks like you have an overall better set up for the algae scubber man! I'd be interested to see somebody do a study on the optimal flow for a scrubber... I'm sure there's one out there that I just haven't found yet lol

Anyways the domino clown's are super cool and congrats on the snowflake clowns hosting the blue nem already! Might piss the nem off but definitely one of the coolest things in the hobby to see! Tank is looking as awesome as usual man keep up the good work!!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast