· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    heres a few links for foam stuff on a UK forum

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=566866
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Chris

I will be looking into that in more detail
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!

Sorry just felt the need to put some more thumbs up haha
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!

me too!

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Wow awesome upgrade Cliff! Perfect spot for it too.
    The options you will have for stocking this just boggle the mind too, lol, you could really go crazy.

Glad you started this thread so early, love to see the ideas and the work in progress!

I bet this will be the most followed journal thread ever, lol.
    Last edited by sheamurai; 06-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, I know what you mean.

I’ve been having blast reading up on all the possibilities for fish as well as more anemones

While the rock is re-curing in a QT set-up, I decided to try a product called Flatworm exit (a product made by salfert). And I must say, I learned two shocking things by doing that. The first is that flatworms are like rats, for every one that you see in your tank, there is likely 100s more in all the little nooks and cracks within your rocks. About 20 minutes after adding the treatment there were (what seemed like) 100s and 1,000s of dead flatworms floating at the top. I quickly netted them all out until there were no more, followed by a 100% water change and adding a fluval 4 internal filter filled with only carbon.

The second thing I learned is that you should NEVER EVER use a product like this in a tank. As the flat worms die off, they release the toxins that are inside their bodies. With so many flatworms that you will have (and never be able to see), that’s a lot of toxins in the water when they die. I now completely understand all a stories that I found on-line of people completely crashing their tanks when using this product to treat for flatworms. I guess this is a good example of the importance of researching first.

I’ll also add a little ammonia to the barrel latter today to see if the BB was damaged at all by the toxins while they were in the water.

I’ll likely change the water in the QT barrel for the rocks a few more times this week just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019

Sorry just felt the need to put some more thumbs up haha
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfraser05

me too!
    Oh you guys

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I remember seeing Mr salt water tank off youtube did the same thing, treated with the flat worm stuff then went away for the weekend.

Lost all but one fish in his tank! :(

Just a good job you did it in the tub and not the tank!

Been doing LOTS of reading ovenight Cliff.

If you are building an algae scrubber, are you going with CFL or RED LED's?

I've going to do LED's on the scrubber on my new 210G system.

Also, have you thought about what sort of scrubber you are going to do?

UAS, Waterfall or horizontal?

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a PERFECT example of using charcoal properly! To remove the treatment med.

If one were to forget, and treat a tank with fish, a way to save them would be to add charcoal asap. This would not only remove the med but might remove organic toxins the flatworms that did die had already released - just realize that charcoal may not necessarily absorb some, any, or enough such toxin to save any fish. So don't count on it for this purpose.

LED's use far less electricity and provide far more lumens than any other light. So, while most SW aquariums are hog's for energy, at least this application will help - and can eliminate some pumps/filtering systems further saving electricity = money and less heat that can cause problems for the aquarium.
    Last edited by Cermet; 06-24-2012 at 04:55 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    LED's use far less electricity and provide far more lumens than any other light. So, while most SW aquariums are hog's for energy, at least this application will help - and can eliminate some pumps/filtering systems further saving electricity = money and less heat that can cause problems for the aquarium.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast