· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I plumbed it into the set-up right from the start

I needed larger lines for the increased flow so I though it would be best to start off with this pump and all the larger lines right from the start
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I've spent a lot of the afternoon trying to get the air hole on the duriso stand pipes to the correct size now that I got the hight were I wanted it. I ended up making them too large so the drain is very noisy right now. I'll pick up some new caps and try again tomorrow.

I ran the pump for about 4 hours again today and still no leaks, other than the one I already mentioned. I'm glad a friend of mine is going to help me fix today when he gets off work.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    While we were fixing the leaky fitting today, we created a new leak by moving a glued joint to the point of creating a leak. Although Murphy’s law would have clearly predicted this, I was still surprised. However, the old leak was far far worse than the new leak so I’m counting this as progress. I can cut out the old fitting and replace with a new one easy enough tomorrow.

Now that I know the plumbing is good to go, I’ve started filling the tank with salt water. I must say, this part is about as exicting as watching paint dry. My RO unit only has a 50 to 75 gallon per day capacity so this might take a while to make about 210 gallons of salt water.

Once the new memory card for my camera gets here, I will post a few pics

0 Not allowed!
    progress is progress...... even if you do have to wait a good few days lol

Hows your hand coping with it all? You in alot of pain?
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    this thread has become my daily soap-opera.

Glad to hear we will see water soon!! you've been kicking butt on this project, even debilitated! you're almost at the finish line!... Get 'er done Cliff!!
    Thar she blows!!!

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Progress is good!
    As much as it seems to be taking forever, you might as well enjoy the process, who knows how long it will be until you do another build...

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys ?

I emptied the tank and sump last night and I've now got about 50 gallons of mixed salt water in it right now.

I tried fixing the new leaky fitting last night but I did not have enough glue for it. I'll fix that tonight and hopefully have another 50 gallons of mixed salt water ready to go as well. I will be adding the rock and substrate to the tank as well. As the rock has been curing for over a month now, I do not think I will get any type of noticeable spike.

At this rate that tank should be up and running with it's first inhabitants sometime this weekend
    Last edited by Cliff; 08-27-2012 at 02:16 PM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Woo! This is as informational as it is enticing.

0 Not allowed!
    As promised a few pics
    As I have about 50 or so gallons of water, I decided to at least empty one of the containers that had been curing my rock in. It’s almost starting to look like a tank.

The sump is still pretty basic right now. But I did make a manifold with 5 lines/valves. This way I can use one for the algae scrubber and I have 4 extra for whatever I may need to add, like media reactors, UV sterilizers,…. And the list could go on.

The sump does look a little oddly laid out, but I placed the return pump in an odd spot for a good reason. The motor on the return pump is not water tight so I placed in the spot that I felt I was least likely to spill water on in completing regular maintenance on the sump.

This is still a work in progress, not complete by a long shot yet, but lots of progress as well

0 Not allowed!
    Love the manifold setup for reactors. I have something similar on my return. It works really nice. What reactors are you planning for it?
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast