· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I took the advice (and help, AKA free labor) of a few friends yesterday and mounted the TV to the bulkhead above were the tank will sit. I was getting concerned about the extra weight of the TV and equipment on top of the tank. Mounting that TV on a bulkhead was not easy. We had to reinforce the bulkhead and then make a frame from 2X4s to attach to the bulkhead so we could attach the TV mount to something that will be able to take the weight (and then some). We even went one extra step and placed two shelves (one in each corner) for the equipment.

I will have an extra 5” of space from the bottom of the TV to the top of the planned canopy

I still have to tie-up the cables/wires. The electrical outlet for the TV & equipment along with the equipment for the tank will all be on a GFI circuit for safety

Before

After

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    LOL you're going to need a whole separate breaker panel just for that wall!

I think thats going to be a great set up - tip back in the lounger to watch tv, watch the tank during commercials...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai
    LOL you're going to need a whole separate breaker panel just for that wall!

I think thats going to be a great set up - tip back in the lounger to watch tv, watch the tank during commercials...
    LMAO, how did you know !!!!

I have a electrician installing a separate circut for the tank in a few weeks (when he gets a hour between real paying jobs). As the breaker panel is in the same closet as the sump, it was pretty darn cheap to do so I figured I might as well. That way I will never have to worry about breakers being tripped while I'm away for work
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Just got a E-mail yesterday from the LFS to tell me the tank will be here next weekend. Oh my, I am not ready for it yet!!!!. As I got a lot of vaction days to use up this year, I took today and tomorrow off so I can get a few things done.

I'm really getting excited now

0 Not allowed!
    I can't wait to see this! A master at work. :)
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Niiiccceeeee! Definitely a good idea putting the tank on it's own breaker haha not something you want to go tripping off while you aren't home... trust me
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    LOL Crispy

I got most of the fittings that I need for the plumbing (and algae scrubber)and I switched out the 55 gallon sump that I had on the 90 gallon DT with the spare 30 gallon sump and return pump that I had in the closet.

Now when the tank gets here, I can run all the plumbing lines between the tank and sump and let it run for a day or two with FW just to make sure there are no leaks while still having the 90 gallon DT not effected in any way.

Hopefully I can get the electrical work done today and finish the panels for the sump.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    knowing you Cliff, I give it 6 months and you might be upgrading the sump. don't install it too hardcore. make it easy to take apart FWIT.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    knowing you Cliff, I give it 6 months and you might be upgrading the sump. don't install it too hardcore. make it easy to take apart FWIT.
    LMAO, am I that predictable

But now that you mention it, I was thinking about picking up a used 125 (6" tank) or a 75 gallon if I can find a old beat-up one for cheap so I could get a larger refugium compartment in the sump. The LEDs that I ordered for the sump can handle / support a lot more than I'll be putting in that very small 55 gallon sump. Just only thoughts right now.

Good point on the plumbing. I rig it up so I can put any sized sump that I could get.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast