· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    Butterfly fish are surface dwellers only and shouldn't bother mid water swimers (of course if small fish eat at the surface, that could change.) I have had those in the past and they left my other fish alone. Can't say anything on the other. Hope you get the 75 soon - unless you have extra filters to spare that are cycled, you will need time to cycle the 75. Even with an extra cycled filter, except a strong spike that will last a week or more if you transfer a lot of fish. Becareful.

Thank you so very much Cermet. i will be careful and i know i should be getting the 75 within a month or so. I know i usually cycle a tank for at least a 3 weeks but i never have had a large tank like a 75. I for sure will be using these forums for help when i get the 75. But thank you again.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    Remember over filtration does not automatically mean you are able to over stock your tank.

for instance a 30G with a 100G filtration system would still be over stocked with 1 common pleco, I suggest rehoming and starting afresh
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug
    Lbf belong in nothing less then a 55 gal . They are predator supreme with any fish they can sqeeze in there mouth. Mine is just about 7 inches in length and about 4 to 5 yrs old.
    I know thats why I am gettin the 75 gal very soon and the Lbf is still a juvenille it will be in a good size tank soon i was just wondering if the thirty gallon would be a better fit until i get the 75 gallon?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes they could coexist for a short time. The lbf will show interest in hunting any fish that is small right away. When it is finally in its permanent home don't stock anything with it smaller the 2 inches,3 inches if its slender shaped.