· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question African butterfly and Leopard bush fish ?

0 Not allowed!
    I have a African Butterfly fish and a leopard bush and i would like to transfer them in to my 30 gallon mixed tank but i dont know if they will eat all of my fish. i already am considering moving my danios, rosy barbs, killifish, and siamses algae eater out of the tank i was wondering if my clown loach, hillstream loaches, apistogramma veijitas, hoplo, and keyhole cichlid will be okay?
    I know thats alot of fish in a 30 gallon. i routinely do water changes and test the water weekly i have had only one killi die on me in 8 months.
    I was just wondering if the leopard or Butterfly could go into the tank?

Sorry, if this is a weird post im new to the forum

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One thing for sure, too much fish in the 30G. I will rehome everything if i were you.

I won't put any more fish in there until you rehome the other fish.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaldave
    One thing for sure, too much fish in the 30G. I will rehome everything if i were you.

I won't put any more fish in there until you rehome the other fish.

What fish do i rehome? im sorry i have 2 tanks i didnt put that in the beginning post. What goes where the other tank is a 15 with over filtration aquaclear 30 gallon and i can over stock i have 70 gallon aquaclear filtration on the 30 gallon tank aquaclear
    Last edited by CRfish; 06-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    It would help if you use punctuation when you write : ) - I was having a little difficulty with what you wrote - your other tank is a 15gal and you have how many fish in there?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The 15 housed a dojo and some tiger barbs as my cycle fish. But i sold them for the butterfly and leopard so right now the butterfly and leopard are in there. I know that they both need the bigger style tank (im getting a 75 gallon soon). So i thought it would be a good idea to put them in the thirty but i know they would eat the danios, rosy barbs, killi, and siamese algae eater because they are smaller in size. I dont know if they would torment or mess with the keyhole or the apistos. I'm not too worried about the hoplo or the loaches. Im just wondering what i should do.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh and sorry for the grammar I doing it off my phone and am in texting mode.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Butterfly fish are surface dwellers only and shouldn't bother mid water swimers (of course if small fish eat at the surface, that could change.) I have had those in the past and they left my other fish alone. Can't say anything on the other. Hope you get the 75 soon - unless you have extra filters to spare that are cycled, you will need time to cycle the 75. Even with an extra cycled filter, except a strong spike that will last a week or more if you transfer a lot of fish. Becareful.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So i take it that its not a good idea
    to have the 30 gallon be:
    African butterfly
    Leopard bush fish
    Keyhole
    2 Apistos
    3 springwell loaches
    clown loach
    hoplo.

and not a good idea to have the 15 gallon be:
    5 zebra danios asst.
    3 rosy barbs
    1 killi
    1 siamese algae eater?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lbf belong in nothing less then a 55 gal . They are predator supreme with any fish they can sqeeze in there mouth. Mine is just about 7 inches in length and about 4 to 5 yrs old.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Remember over filtration does not automatically mean you are able to over stock your tank.

for instance a 30G with a 100G filtration system would still be over stocked with 1 common pleco, I suggest rehoming and starting afresh
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .