· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question African butterfly and Leopard bush fish ?

0 Not allowed!
    I have a African Butterfly fish and a leopard bush and i would like to transfer them in to my 30 gallon mixed tank but i dont know if they will eat all of my fish. i already am considering moving my danios, rosy barbs, killifish, and siamses algae eater out of the tank i was wondering if my clown loach, hillstream loaches, apistogramma veijitas, hoplo, and keyhole cichlid will be okay?
    I know thats alot of fish in a 30 gallon. i routinely do water changes and test the water weekly i have had only one killi die on me in 8 months.
    I was just wondering if the leopard or Butterfly could go into the tank?

Sorry, if this is a weird post im new to the forum

0 Not allowed!
    One thing for sure, too much fish in the 30G. I will rehome everything if i were you.

I won't put any more fish in there until you rehome the other fish.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaldave
    One thing for sure, too much fish in the 30G. I will rehome everything if i were you.

I won't put any more fish in there until you rehome the other fish.

What fish do i rehome? im sorry i have 2 tanks i didnt put that in the beginning post. What goes where the other tank is a 15 with over filtration aquaclear 30 gallon and i can over stock i have 70 gallon aquaclear filtration on the 30 gallon tank aquaclear
    Last edited by CRfish; 06-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    It would help if you use punctuation when you write : ) - I was having a little difficulty with what you wrote - your other tank is a 15gal and you have how many fish in there?

0 Not allowed!
    The 15 housed a dojo and some tiger barbs as my cycle fish. But i sold them for the butterfly and leopard so right now the butterfly and leopard are in there. I know that they both need the bigger style tank (im getting a 75 gallon soon). So i thought it would be a good idea to put them in the thirty but i know they would eat the danios, rosy barbs, killi, and siamese algae eater because they are smaller in size. I dont know if they would torment or mess with the keyhole or the apistos. I'm not too worried about the hoplo or the loaches. Im just wondering what i should do.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh and sorry for the grammar I doing it off my phone and am in texting mode.

0 Not allowed!
    Butterfly fish are surface dwellers only and shouldn't bother mid water swimers (of course if small fish eat at the surface, that could change.) I have had those in the past and they left my other fish alone. Can't say anything on the other. Hope you get the 75 soon - unless you have extra filters to spare that are cycled, you will need time to cycle the 75. Even with an extra cycled filter, except a strong spike that will last a week or more if you transfer a lot of fish. Becareful.
    Knowledge is fun(damental)

A 75 gal with eight Discus, fake plants, and a lot of wood also with sand substrate. Clean up crew is down to just two Sterba's Corys. Filters: continuous new water flow; canister w/UV, in-tank algae scrubber!! Finally, junked the nitrate removal unit from hell.

For Fishless cycling:

0 Not allowed!
    So i take it that its not a good idea
    to have the 30 gallon be:
    African butterfly
    Leopard bush fish
    2 Apistos
    3 springwell loaches
    clown loach

and not a good idea to have the 15 gallon be:
    5 zebra danios asst.
    3 rosy barbs
    1 killi
    1 siamese algae eater?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lbf belong in nothing less then a 55 gal . They are predator supreme with any fish they can sqeeze in there mouth. Mine is just about 7 inches in length and about 4 to 5 yrs old.

Second left after the Haggis Farm

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 

0 Not allowed!
    Remember over filtration does not automatically mean you are able to over stock your tank.

for instance a 30G with a 100G filtration system would still be over stocked with 1 common pleco, I suggest rehoming and starting afresh
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .