· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18 months....

0 Not allowed!
    Wow.. that is a gorgeous O. I am super super jealous!
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Love the color !!

Are there many live plants in with yours Jenn? Mine uproots them with in a day or two. :-(
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the nice comments!

A.orbicularis are more aggressive than A.ocellatus. You wont find an Orb sulking on the floor of the tank for the least little thing; they boldly investigate it instead. However I would not say they are more than moderately aggressive. Mine seems to have for lack of better term a personal space, if the other fish cross that line and get too close then she will chase them off. Otherwise she just minds her own business and since she is by far the largest fish, the others scatter when she comes through.

She lives with 5 Geophagus abalios, 3 Rotkeil Severums, 5 Rainbow Cichlids, 12 Buenos Aires Tetras, and 1 L330 Royal Pleco in a 150G tank. Yes it is overstocked.....

I don't have live plants in the tank anymore, not due to the cichlids...they left them alone. The L330 destroyed the tank on a nightly basis so I just got sick of fixing it. Try putting large rocks around your plants and feeding your O veggies...it helps curb the whole plant thing.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Ive been thinking of getting an orbicularis. How do you think it might fare with a an ocellatus?
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Just fine if the tank were large enough, I would add the Orb last...and make sure the other fish were of good size. The reason I suggest this is there is more aggression between like species with them. I actually bought 2 fish initially, I was going to grow out the nicest one and re-home the 2nd one. However this fish killed its sibling in a 6ft tank when they were only 1.5" long. Now she lives peacefully with tetras and Rainbow cichlids which could easily be a meal.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah.. conspecific aggression is something to watch out for with cichlids. My geos are fine with nics and acaras but add another geo and all hell breaks loose.
    <-- Click for journals

0 Not allowed!
    Odd Ive always thought of Geos as the burnt out hippies of the fish world. Mine anyway seem to love anything and everything including more Geos.

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    So did I till I added an extra one. To be honest it was probably the male just defending his harem... I didn't know they displayed that behavior. Sorry for the hijack!
    <-- Click for journals

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking Oscar, and Great job nursing it back to health

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very beautiful Oscar! Almost has a snake like pattern.