· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Well you learn something new every day.

Sorry you are going to have to get rid of your fish, but what an exciting prospect to be able to start over with something new. As much as I love my neon tank, I can't wait until the day I can try something else.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Why not put the firemouth in the smaller tank and the Severum and the dwarf cichlid in the other? The severum will grow larger than the firemouth.

I know which one I'd get rid of. (I don't like mean fish.) All I can say is I had to cull 400 firemouths. I couldn't give them away. And they spawn constantly. Like Convicts. Like Angels. grrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 06-16-2012 at 04:36 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Omg Lady Hobbs that must have been some chore! I find it taxing to try and count all the neons in my tank with out accidentally doubling up :P

Scotti, wasn't that gold severum originally given to you by someone else? I thought I remembered you talking about that at one time and deciding that you really liked the look of it and wanted to keep it for as long as you could. Sorry you are now finding yourself faced with the prospect of rehoming it.
    ~Manna

0 Not allowed!
    Swimming it's hard to count. Dead it's easier.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no! I thought culling was separating the males from the females.

I looked into it and clarified for myself what you meant...now when I go back and read your original statement I go "Dun dun duuuuunnn!" in my head.
    ~Manna

0 Not allowed!
    I change my vote to agree with Hobbs -- Firemouth should go. Shame on it for being awful.

Severum should get to stay.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Well the firemouth got moved into the 48G as I had got a hold of an Apistogramma agassizii and then a GBR so he wouldve been too boisterous for them. Now that they are in the 42G I can't move the firemouth back.

I think I've made the descision so I'm going to stick with it. Firemouths aint too common here and I know my guy has around 6 juveniles all under an inch, so I'm sure culling would not be nessecery. Looks like my journal will be a lot more active if I try and breed them.

The lfs opens in 20ish minutes so I am going to phone in before hand to try and arrange the swap, depending on his agreement my plan may change slightly but I will let you guys know
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Well I'm just back from my lfs, I took the two fish in and have returned home with 6 beautiful baby firemouths. Was sad to see the two big guys go but now I've got the joy of raising 6 and pairing off two thanks for all your advice guys
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    Enjoy your new charges!
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Grats! Personally you made the decision I would have made. Laddy Hobbs will most likely punch me in the face for this but im not a big fan of Severums. They grow so slow and are really placid. Im more of a fast growing, aggressive fish fan. I guess that's why I have one peaceful tank and 3 aggressive lol.

Enjoy the FM's, I had one for years when I was younger that got huge and he was one of my favorite fish!
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19