· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

Default Scotti Needs Opinions Guys

0 Not allowed!
    The situation - I have 2 tanks, 42G 48G. My 48G has a gold severum of approx 3inches long, my 42G had a firemouth of 3inches. After getting an Agassizii I moved the firemouth to the 48G.

The problem is that the firemouth is easily overpowering my severum and is chasing and hassling it relentlessly. I mean really pounding down on him. Someone has to go and that's where I need some help, advice and opinions from you guys

I have 3 options:

1) Rehome the severum to my lfs
    2) Rehome my firemouth to my lfs
    3) Rehome both to lfs and swap them for 4-6 juvenile firemouths to try and get a pair.

Rehoming the sev will bring down the bioload on the tank considerably, but the actions of the firemouth tell me that there's zero chance of introducing any other cichlids to the tank if he's still in it.

Would a breeding pair of firemouths be suitable in my 48G? Only other inhabitants are varios catfish and tetras.

The tornado that's being kicked up in the tank is killing me and I hate seeing any of my fish stressed but unfortunately someone needs to go. So what's my best option? 1 2 or 3?

Thanks guys
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    You could do a breeding pair of FM in a 48g. As far as which option is the best, which fish do you like best?
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm very attached to the FM seeing as I got it when it was under an inch in size, but the severum just has a certain grace about it which I like. I think getting a breeding pair may be my best bet so I can raise some more firemouths.

Hard descision though

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    I would be inclined to start over [My best option], But only you know where you want to take this tank my man [Your best option].

Know what I mean?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds to me like you NEED another tank!
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I do quite frankly NEED another tank or two unfortunately that isn't going to be an option in the near future

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, I always have a tough time making choices like that.

I think 850 summed it up best. You can make those options work, you know what your doing. It all boils down to what you want to be looking at when your enjoying your tank
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for your opinions and advice so far. I really love my current firemouth and I'm quite chuffed of how great it looks, knowing I raised it from a baby, but I feel 1 firemouth in that tank will get lost easily. I am really leaning towards starting fresh now. Will be fun having some juveniles and then breeding them will give me even more experience in a fish I love having.

Will be sad to see them both go but I know it needs done, they are really going at it. Tomorrow morning and they will be on their way I think.

0 Not allowed!
    Chuffed? What is chuffed?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

0 Not allowed!
    Chuffed? What is chuffed?
    Happy, Pleased.

I agree -- new beginnings!!